NSW, Waterfall derailment delays rail commuters
NSW, Waterfall derailment delays rail commuters
BY KATELIN MCINERNEY
Illawarra Mercury Wollongong 11/10/2008 4:00:00 AM

Rail commuters faced another Friday afternoon delay yesterday when a Pacific National freight train derailed at Waterfall station about 2.45pm.
The freight train was taking coal from Lithgow to Port Kembla when three wagons derailed. No-one was injured in the accident.
Passengers were bussed from Sutherland station to Wollongong and many were delayed by more than an hour.
Croyden Park resident Helen Ellis, who was travelling to Dapto to visit her son, was transferred to a bus at Sutherland and was more than an hour late.
"They tell you to travel by rail, but I was supposed to meet my son at the station and by the time I get there, he will have been waiting an hour," she said.
Passenger services between Waterfall and Thirroul were replaced by buses last week during scheduled track maintenance work.
Trackwork will continue over the weekend, with buses replacing services between Dapto and Central and Port Kembla and Central. For more information, phone CityRail on 131 500.
dateline= Wrote:Croyden Park resident Helen Ellis, who was travelling to Dapto to visit her son, was transferred to a bus at Sutherland and was more than an hour late.
\"They tell you to travel by rail, but I was supposed to meet my son at the station and by the time I get there, he will have been waiting an hour,\" she said.

Oh yeah, like you wouldn't have a delay on the road if there was a motor accident now would you. Shit happens. Deal with it.
Quiet afternoon in the office, 'Puppet of Sock?'...
Unprecedented flurry of posting activity...
[Image: F111RAAFweb2A.jpg]
I think the sock got one of those annoying visit the site or your account will be deleted emails. Most of you would be unaware that these happen
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]