Report recommends lower speed limit at crossings
Coyote, that sort of puts a new slant on the term: Crash Test Dummies!! Confusedniper
Confusedmiley

I found this today… and because the problem is still present, I think the solution should be twofold.

A minor / less frequent crossing should have roundabouts. The busy one should have a set of traffic lights for all participants (including pedestrians) and of course – the red light traffic cameras. During the pick hour’s one traffic police officer can give a hand. That will show the world how efficient and secure rail crossing can be and maybe make some drivers more relax than now because crossing the rail rosing demands a bit of brain and that is not included in the requirements for a driving licence. The world will shortly follow our unique example after two centuries of ignorance in rail crossings.

If that above does not solve the problem than we can make all rail crossings –a car free zone.

Medo
Umm, roundabouts?? :idiot
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
We have roundabout crossing in Victoria. It's mixing the worst kind of traffic intersection, with the worst kind of rail crossing. Why not just put speed humps before and after each level crossing. As much as I hate them, it will really piss the hoons off.
"How long will the next train be? Six cars would be my guess."
(03-Mar-2011, 02:38 PM)Graham4405 Wrote: Umm, roundabouts?? :idiot

Smile

It was meant to be a joke... obviously I need to improve my English language...:crazy. In a future I will stay with topics which have a lot of photographs and less wording…. Confusedmiley

Medo
(03-Mar-2011, 05:14 PM)Medo Wrote:
(03-Mar-2011, 02:38 PM)Graham4405 Wrote: Umm, roundabouts?? :idiot

Smile

It was meant to be a joke... obviously I need to improve my English language...:crazy. In a future I will stay with topics which have a lot of photographs and less wording…. Confusedmiley

Medo

No, no, I understood it was a joke (of sorts), I was simply emphasising the stupidity (humour?)...
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld