Bellarine Peninsula Railway
On our recent travels we happened to pass through Queenscliff, so I took a look at the station and sheds. It was a pleasant surprise to find T Class No 251 in steam, obviously in preparation for something, although it seemed that no services were scheduled for that day.

Click on the thumbnail below to see some photos from the day:

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=45126]
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
Most likely allocated to the evening Blues train that runs very regular
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/news...7312374478

19/4/2015

BOOM gates will be installed at a Drysdale level crossing as a matter of urgency, following the second train accident in 2½ years.

The communications manager for Public Transport Victoria, Adrian Darwent, said

upgrading the Princess St crossing was a priority under this year’s State Level Crossing Upgrade Program.

Boom barriers were expected to be in place by the end of June, he said.

Work on the Princess St level crossing upgrade had started but been complicated and delayed by the presence of water pipes under the railway line, Mr Darwent said.

The Bellarine Railway tourist train collided with a ute on the uncontrolled Princess St crossing on Sunday afternoon. There were no injuries.

In November 2012, the popular Queenscliff Blues Train collided with a car at night, at the same crossing.

Train drivers on both occasions said they repeatedly sounded the horn as the train approached the level crossing.

Following the Blues Train collision, president of the Bellarine Railway, Andrew Bridger, said he wanted to see better safety measures installed at the crossing.

No train passengers had been injured in that accident and the car driver suffered only minor injuries.

“(But) it could have been a hell of a lot worse,” Mr Bridger said at the time.
Typically misleading wording by the journo in stating 'the train collided with a ute.'