What's on tv
(07-Oct-2011, 08:52 PM)Mick Wrote: Bugger... Missed it. I think you can view SBS docos online... hope so

Yeah, I think so...a bit like the ABC I-view, but I haven't used it.

Lots of trains in the Thailand episode compared to the Cambodia episode.
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
Confusedmiley

Coming Thursday (13/10) – Malaysia.
Malaysia has a good rail networks between major cities and towns. If everything goes as planned, next year I will travel between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. It’s pity that Singapore main railway station is closed since last June.

Medo
Confusedmiley

TRAILS FROM THE EAST: MYANMAR AND BANGLADESH, Thursday 20/10, 7:30 PM SBS 2

Medo
Last Sunday at 3pm on SBS, I watched Hitler's Body Guard: Hitler's Dangerous Train Journeys.
Paul<br /><br /> My WOS Gallery<br /><br /> My Youtube Video Page
Confusedmiley

I could not find anything on Free TV this week but last week by chance I watched “Last train home” on "The Age Tv". It is an insightful story regarding the internal immigration in China and the life of immigrants, focusing on one family. The movie includes some very interesting scenes of chaos on a railway station during (two) the Lunar New Year holidays where people waiting up to a week to board a train and as how it looks like travelling in the standard Chinese train during the holidays....+ some amazing scenery and trains in it...

You can watch the movie via link - http://www.theage.com.au/tv/show/last-tr...1n8xv.html

Medo
@ Medo.
wow. what a great thread. i am so subscribed :-)
Confusedmiley

I am checking regularly... but nothing on the tv. We should write some kind of petition to put more stuff relating to rail... the Iron chef should be replaced with the Iron horse... and so on...

Medo
Right now on 7mate - Megamovers; a small town is determined to save their cherished train depot and Megamovers moves two unique locomotives using two different methods.
Paul<br /><br /> My WOS Gallery<br /><br /> My Youtube Video Page
Confusedmiley

It's not on the TV (I can't find anything)...so you can watch it on own pace... India 2012, February 2 - 24. It's a 2 hour documentary about the northwest and the central west India trains (and India itself)....

[Image: ir120114.jpg]

Medo
geinthend is about to be the star train driver on Queensland Weekender, ch 7.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]