What's on tv
(10-Mar-2012, 05:31 PM)Mick Wrote: geinthend is about to be the star train driver on Queensland Weekender, ch 7.

Missed it. Is it on YouTube?
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
We watched it but they didn't show a real lot about it.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=67417]
Not a real lot about the Sav as such, especially in respect to the the amount of time put in to produce the couple of minutes of footage. However for the region as a whole it was great exposure.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]

Confusedmiley

Broadcasting 8.35 pm on SBS Two (Channel 32) Tuesday 10/4
HITLERS DANGEROUS TRAIN JOURNEYS

As Hitlers empire expanded, the need for a secure, mobile military headquarters led him to use a special train, the Fhrersonderzug. Code-named Amerika, this became an armoured monster with anti-aircraft armament and state-of-the-art communications equipment. Before Hitler travelled, decoy trains were sent off all over Germany, and he would frequently fly or go by car instead of train to confuse any would-be assassins. (From the UK) (Documentary Series)

Medo
Saw this advertised last night...

SBS 1, 3, 4 & HD Wednesday 11/4/2012 - World's toughest place to be a train driver - Peru. Looks like they take a driver from Britain to show him what train driving looks like in the Peruvian Andes.
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
Tonight at 6:30pm on channel 7's Sunday Night, there is either a segment or if the whole show is about what happens when you play russian roulette with trains.

One to watch for sure.
Paul<br /><br /> My WOS Gallery<br /><br /> My Youtube Video Page
(09-Sep-2012, 05:28 PM)paul_1089 Wrote: Tonight at 6:30pm on channel 7's Sunday Night, there is either a segment or if the whole show is about what happens when you play russian roulette with trains.

One to watch for sure.

We watched it & there sure are some idiots around that dice with death:idiot
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=67417]
For those who missed it.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/vi...in-driver/
Paul<br /><br /> My WOS Gallery<br /><br /> My Youtube Video Page
Railway Walks is on SBS One weeknights at 6.00pm. Started on Monday, every episode is walk along a British rail trail detailing the history of the line and the sights along the way. Been pretty good so far.

Nickel Plate High Speed Service
(08-Sep-2011, 09:51 PM)Medo Wrote: Confusedmiley

I did a search and could not find something similar but if it’s there please move or remove this thread.

I would like to start a thread with the announcement of tv programs that are rail or tram related.
Please share information.

Broadcasting 7.30 pm on SBS One (Channel 3) Friday 9/9/11 Please check for the local time.

GRAND CENTRAL

On the morning of January 8, 1902, a southbound commuter train travelling through a smoky, congested tunnel in New York City's Grand Central Depot slammed into the rear of another train, instantly killing seventeen people, and injuring thirty-eight. The tragedy in New York that day, and a self-taught engineer's innovative response to the crisis that ensued, ultimately gave birth to one of America's greatest architectural and technological monuments: Grand Central Terminal. When Grand Central Terminal opened on February 12, 1913 the press heralded it as the greatest railway terminal in the world. Today, it remains one of New York and America's most famous spaces, and a living monument to the nation's great railway age. (From the US) (Documentary)

Medo

Wonderful idea :o