Golden 1461, 'CENTENNIAL'...Photo StoryBoard
(08-Nov-2013, 11:15 AM)Sulla Wrote: It works for me. A running Golden Holden wouldn't be bad either, but I'm not going to be greedy :-)

Not my photos - credit to Kent Wagner

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Fast forward a couple of weeks later...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Paul<br /><br /> My WOS Gallery<br /><br /> My Youtube Video Page
Looking a little too fresh....needs some weathering, especially on those handrails, yuk on that baby blue!!!
Home on the range.....
(17-Dec-2013, 09:45 PM)paul_1089 Wrote: Fast forward a couple of weeks later...

Paul, good photos, thank you.
(17-Dec-2013, 09:45 PM)paul_1089 Wrote: Fast forward a couple of weeks later...

Oh, wow!
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
Looks amazing!

Was this move headed back to Ipswich, or was it just being repositioned within Redbank for other work? Anyone know if she has been started etc?
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
(18-Dec-2013, 04:32 AM)Rolls Royce Wrote: Looks amazing!

Was this move headed back to Ipswich, or was it just being repositioned within Redbank for other work? Anyone know if she has been started etc?

My third hand info is that 1461 is cosmetic only, to replace 1281 that's coming out of Ipswich workshops.
(18-Dec-2013, 08:52 AM)CNsylvester Wrote: My third hand info is that 1461 is cosmetic only, to replace 1281 that's coming out of Ipswich workshops.

As posted previously in this thread:

(08-Nov-2013, 10:41 AM)BelowRadar Wrote: The Plan is for a 'Cosmetic Restoration' at Redbank.

On return to Ipswich Workshops, the current plan is to swop Museum Roles with English Electric 1281, displaying CENTENNIAL-Plated 1461 in its stead.

This will allow CENTURY-Plated 1281 to be removed from Museum display, and returned to the Ipswich Workshops for Mechanical Overhaul, and a widened Heritage Role.

I'm looking forward to seeing 1281 out and about! Confusedmitten
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
Fantastic job by Redbank, can't wait to see how 1281 turns out.
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
A few pics from me.

[Image: truy.jpg]
[Image: kurq.jpg]
[Image: v56w.jpg]
[Image: zoof.jpg]
[Image: t8ij.jpg]
[Image: 5n5p.jpg]