Bell Branch
Kaimkillenbun,Also known as "The Bun"and the longest named station in Queensland
Had a helping hand on moving the station to its present location
Noisy and Marge run the shop
I here the pub has closed R.I.P had many a good time there:beer3

Cheers,
Patchy
Mango Madness:beer3
(24-May-2013, 08:38 PM)Patchy Wrote: Kaimkillenbun,Also known as "The Bun"and the longest named station in Queensland

Cheers,
Patchy

You have that all wrong. The shop has closed, the pub was closed briefly, but is now open again and doing a good trade under new ownership.

The station name was "shortened" in 1983 to "Caribun"... Smile

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
.....was gunna say Wink I never had a beer at the 'bun pub, but have taken the odd hens night there back in my bus days. Would like to have numerous beers there though Big Grin

Maybe we should have a wheels on steel piss-up there!
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
(24-May-2013, 11:39 PM)Graham4405 Wrote:
(24-May-2013, 08:38 PM)Patchy Wrote: Kaimkillenbun,Also known as "The Bun"and the longest named station in Queensland

Cheers,
Patchy

You have that all wrong. The shop has closed, the pub was closed briefly, but is now open again and doing a good trade under new ownership.

The station name was "shortened" in 1983 to "Caribun"... Smile
It had been 3 years since i was down that way,Good see the pub up and running again [hic]:beer2

Did not know about the shop closing,is the caravan park still going
Forgot about the movie being filmed there,Never did get a review from Bill Collins

Cheers,
Patchy
Taken in the 80's. It was also named "Kenilworth Hotel" in the early 1900's
The ANZAC memorial has been relocated to the other side of the pub

[Image: b9965038-a3b5-414c-aa53-5e13f55a74b0.jpg]

Cheers,
Patchy

Sir, I beg to protest.

I believe that there is a *tie* for that honour.Big Grin

[Image: th_IMGP3291_zps13d54998.jpg]
All comments made by myself are as a private citizen, and are not made on behalf of Aurizon or Australia Eastern Railroad.

[Image: piggyanim1.gif]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johncnj/
Johnmc
Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn
(25-May-2013, 12:14 PM)johnmc Wrote:

Sir, I beg to protest.

I believe that there is a *tie* for that honour.Big Grin

[Image: th_IMGP3291_zps13d54998.jpg]

Maybe i should change it to one of the longest named stations in QueenslandWink
(21-May-2013, 07:14 PM)QGR_Fan Wrote: Would anyone here have any information on the Bell Branch. I am mainly looking for Track Diagrams, Measurements and photos of the line. I plan to model the line in a game I have.

-Cheers
Stirring the pot here
What user name are you using in the Trainz Sim:-",

Cheers,
Patchy
(25-May-2013, 09:50 PM)Patchy Wrote:
(21-May-2013, 07:14 PM)QGR_Fan Wrote: Would anyone here have any information on the Bell Branch. I am mainly looking for Track Diagrams, Measurements and photos of the line. I plan to model the line in a game I have.

-Cheers
Stirring the pot here

Cheers,
Patchy

Well my dear freind patchy, I am not sure why you need to know but I beleive it is LittleBondi. Is there a problem patchy, have I trespassed or something.

-Cheers
(25-May-2013, 09:56 PM)QGR_Fan Wrote:
(25-May-2013, 09:50 PM)Patchy Wrote:

-Cheers
Stirring the pot here

Cheers,
Patchy

Well my dear freind patchy, I am not sure why you need to know but I beleive it is LittleBondi. Is there a problem patchy, have I trespassed or something.

-Cheers
Well that was easy,caught hook line and sinker

Cheers,
Patchy