Rosewood Railway fun.
G'day Gladdies, I learnt a lot last weekend.
It took a fair bit of scrub up time after my stint in the fire box of #720.
The annuals are underway and I removed the fusible plugs and other chores in there.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cheers :beer4 Dazza
“Everyone who’s ever taken a shower has an idea. It’s the person who gets out of the shower, dries off and does something about it who makes a difference”
Nolan Bushnell

Member: ARHSQD, Rosewood Railway, SDSR, MVHR

Last November we did the first test run with Kenny (#720) down to Cabanda after the embankment repairs. Well actually I was having so much fun on the banjo we did two runs. Confusedmiley
Chris, Warren, young fella is Samuel and myself in the overalls.

“Everyone who’s ever taken a shower has an idea. It’s the person who gets out of the shower, dries off and does something about it who makes a difference”
Nolan Bushnell

Thanks for the update! Good to see some movement happening Smile What else is happening at RRM these days? Any word on whether the track can be repaired on the Perrys Nob - Rosewood end etc?
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
(21-Jan-2014, 10:08 AM)Rolls Royce Wrote: Thanks for the update! Good to see some movement happening Smile What else is happening at RRM these days? Any word on whether the track can be repaired on the Perrys Nob - Rosewood end etc?

Running days with Red Fred (RM55) and Kenny (#720 Ken Biggs) will resume as soon as the boiler inspection is completed. February running day will be Red Fred only, but March might see Kenny with carriages on the hook.
The track gang have got the rails back over the rebuilt embankment that slipped. That was a big job, bravo to all involved. I did some hard days with the shovel. Currently a few track work projects are being finished off. As labour and resources were directed to the urgent embankment repair a reasonable list of tasks around the railway have still to be worked through, lick of paint, lick of paint etc
The official reopening, you know the sort of thing, Choo choo cuts the ribbon while the Mayor leans out the window waving to the press,
looks like it will be a two day steam gala April 26 and 27.
So Galddies, book that weekend that into your diaries for a visit

There are plans underway to get back under the Rosewood/Marburg rd which was filled in after the big wet in 1974. First perhaps just to Perry's Nob. However, realistically this is 4-6 years away as the railway members wants to ensure they can look after correctly and have all running sweet and shiny before extensions are commissioned. Then when the extension is sweet, back to Rosewood. The track is still there but 300m but of course most would have to be relaid. One small bridge will be converted to a culvert. What a nice trip that will be, up the range with a good load on the hook, I hope to firing the loco on that first tripBig Grin

There is a real nice cohesive working crew at the railway, it is fun and rewarding to be part of the activities. It is fun watching trains, but it is heck more fun being involved with a working railway. I drive for 70 mins each way most weekends to have fun and learn all about real railway work. I also do some time at the MVHR Gympie workshops for a week at a time a few times each year. Good mob up there as well.

Stay tuned, I will post here regularly.

Nolan Bushnell

(21-Jan-2014, 12:37 PM)Oily Rag Wrote: Kenny (#720 Ken Rogers)

Shouldn't that be "Ken Biggs"? Smile
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
(21-Jan-2014, 03:33 PM)Graham4405 Wrote:
(21-Jan-2014, 12:37 PM)Oily Rag Wrote: Kenny (#720 Ken Rogers)

Shouldn't that be "Ken Biggs"? Smile

Whoops
bad brain bad brain.
Munching lunch, working 12 hours days and typing at the same time.
Thanks for sorting me out

Nolan Bushnell

Red Fred was running on last Sunday's running day.
I was in the workshop assisting with #720's washout and other chores.
I did a bit of workshop house keeping as well.
Good way to spend my Sunday, being part of a real working railway.
Chris, Phil and Jacob are great to work with and I am learning more each day. Very rewarding. Smile
The attached picture is of Samuel, a young lad who with his dad are regular hard workers at RR. Samuel has the high pressure water hose doing the boiler washout while being supervised by Chris, the workshop manager.

Nolan Bushnell

Thanks for these updates Oily Rag. Its good to know whats happening Smile great to see that RRM is operating and that there is stuff on the go Big Grin
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
It`s good to hear of goings on at Rosewood.
15 or so years ago I gave my Pyle National Turbo Generator to the Railway as #720 didn`t have one.I obtained it from Newport Workshops in Victoria--it had just been reconditioned.
Does it still operate ok---- I have a few new spares( brushes etc) somewhere if they are ever needed.
(28-Jan-2014, 07:22 AM)Oily Rag Wrote: Samuel has the high pressure water hose doing the boiler washout while being supervised by Chris, the workshop manager.

When I first met Chris he was clambering around inside that smokebox! This was shortly before #720 had her first test run.
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld