RM33 found?
http://www.warwickdailynews.com.au/news/...s/2904305/

KILLARNEY Heritage Centre is preparing for the return of The Rattler, after a six-week search to track the historic piece down.

The Rattler is a diesel railmotor that ran between Killarney and Warwick, via Yangan and Freestone, carrying passengers and students through the countryside.

President of the Killarney and District Historical Society Tony Pearson said the find was made possible thanks to the assistance of volunteer Sue Lloyd and a friend who works with Queensland Rail.

"Sue contacted a friend who located the railmotor at Sunshine Coast," Mr Pearson said.

"Queensland Rail have generously donated the railmotor to us, we just need to organise the transportation."

Mr Pearson said the society would need truck transportation and a 40t crane each end of the journey to lift the railmotor on and off the truck.

"We will have to lay some line for it to sit on in the driveway behind the new picket fence," Mr Pearson said. "When I heard it had been found my knees went weak. I couldn't believe it."

Mr Pearson said The Rattler had been in a shed since it was decommissioned.

"It's incredible. It should be pretty well in the condition it was when it was decommissioned," he said.

"We will be planning a celebration that it has finally come home, and try to replicate one of the old photos if possible."

Mr Pearson said the society hoped The Rattler would make its way home by the middle of this year.
guess it also went to other locations......

30/9/53 49m Tara - Glenmorgan 1 B53.7663
Derailment of RM 33 and TP 69 on 254RM, due to striking a bullock.
6/1/59 Clifton 1 B59.247
Derailment of RM 33 on 274RM, due to the night officer making the wrong road.
I wrote on one of the Facebook groups that the press statement (quote) "Queensland Rail have generously donated the railmotor to us (end quote) suggests QR is claiming ownership. Wonder if there is a record card in the archives somewhere (Ipswich or Runcorn etc) showing it was either sold years ago thus QR has not been the owner for decades or the RM was scrapped or otherwise dis-assembled and has not been in existance for decades? Since the RM, or parts there of, now seems to be in existance, the ownership aspects of the paperwork trail will prove very interesting!

Of course, the big question is how much of the RM is in the shed? There are many "stories" of vintage aircraft being rebuilt and the only part of the original WW2 aircraft used in the rebuild was the builder's plate!!!
Obsolete Australian railway historical downloadable document list
(22-Jan-2016, 08:00 AM)Petan Wrote: I wrote on one of the Facebook groups that the press statement (quote) "Queensland Rail have generously donated the railmotor to us (end quote) suggests QR is claiming ownership.

This is the biggest question I have with the entire thing. I'm willing to assume it's either:

A: Something has been lost in translation between the Killarney Heritage Centre and the Warwick Daily News, or
B: They've found this RM, got in touch with Queensland Rail and asked "can we have this railmotor?" Queensland Rail have replied something to the effect of "errr... sure. Go your hardest."

Like everyone else, I'm still interested to see what the condition of RM33 is...
All comments made by myself are as a private citizen, and are not made on behalf of Aurizon or Australia Eastern Railroad.

[Image: piggyanim1.gif]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johncnj/
Johnmc
Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn
(22-Jan-2016, 07:00 PM)johnmc Wrote:
(22-Jan-2016, 08:00 AM)Petan Wrote: I wrote on one of the Facebook groups that the press statement (quote) "Queensland Rail have generously donated the railmotor to us (end quote) suggests QR is claiming ownership.

This is the biggest question I have with the entire thing. I'm willing to assume it's either:

A: Something has been lost in translation between the Killarney Heritage Centre and the Warwick Daily News, or
B: They've found this RM, got in touch with Queensland Rail and asked "can we have this railmotor?" Queensland Rail have replied something to the effect of "errr... sure. Go your hardest."

Like everyone else, I'm still interested to see what the condition of RM33 is...

Agree! I phoned Tony about it yesterday (refer newspaper article) and even with my politest questioning couldn't get to the bottom of 'who what when where how or why".

.... he promised to call when he knows more Smile
The only reference to RM33 that I can see is in the thread title. What makes you think it's RM33 Ken?
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
(22-Jan-2016, 11:06 PM)Graham4405 Wrote: The only reference to RM33 that I can see is in the thread title. What makes you think it's RM33 Ken?

Excellent observation GR. In one of my earlier posts, you'll notice I mentioned I contacted "Tony" and it was during that conversation he advised the number. Smile