SDSR News
If the water wagon had been finished you could fill that up and add it to the test train as extra weight.
Paul<br /><br /> My WOS Gallery<br /><br /> My Youtube Video Page
When you say long distance trials....do i sense a run to Toowoomba?
&quot;With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.<br />The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.&quot;<br /><br /><br />http://au.youtube.com/user/spacemarine88
Okay, i'll answer the last two posts quickly.....

Paul,
as the GWW (now being converted to some like an original WW) will probably not be ready for a little while yet, It will not be used for load trials. Trials will use AU739 and BU1262. Man I hope I got those numbers right for once.

Doctor,
I very much doubt trials to toowoomba. For simplicity, I envisage that SDSR will do 1st trials in Warwick Yard, and 2nd/3rd trials between Wallangarra and Hendon. The SW Line will not be utilised.
Reasoning: For the thrid trial, the trip needs to run to a place to turn the loco. Current loco turning facilites, or places you can run where loops/ sidings still exist out this way are:-
Warwick - Turntable (DTC Station)
Silverwood - Dead End Siding (North End) (DTC Station)
Cherry Gully - Dead End Siding (South)
Dalveen - Dead End Siding (North)
The Summitt - 2 x loops in yard
Stanthorpe - loop (DTC Station)
Wallangarra - loop and Angle (DTC Station)

Mill Hill - yard with loop, but bad condition
Toolburra, loop with dead end siding (South) DTC Station
Hendon, loop with Angle to Allora Branch DTC Station

Toowoomba is an option, however, unlikely due to distance from Warwick and impact on other services.

Hope this helps

Adam
One day I'll stop procrastinating.... one day....
ok thanks for clearing that up.
&quot;With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.<br />The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.&quot;<br /><br /><br />http://au.youtube.com/user/spacemarine88
Cola78 - I have not forgotten your request for info - since returning things have gone to poop with another operator and we are pulling big hours on the tracks as it were... I have hardly been to the office.

For everyone else, what SDSR are doing is wise for a volunteer organisation moving into the world of mainline access. You need to slowly ramp up your operations and trials so that you not only test out your rollingstock, but also test out the capabilities of your organisation. Once you become competent, and confident of reliability issues of both people and rollingstock (and even your operating plans) you then look to the next challenge. Grow slowly and you should prosper!
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]

dateline= Wrote:[cite] Mick_L:[/cite]we are pulling big hours on the tracks as it were... I have hardly been to the office.

I can vouch for that! As you can see below, Mick was hard at work in his second office today!:an_cheesy: This will be Mick's office tomorrow as well (and most likely the weekend)!:an_buck2:

[old attachment automagically deleted]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68009]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68007]
Mick,

No worries. Enjoy your office, I live in my office (maxi taxi) everyday, and am also still pulling big hours so i know how it feels. At least your office is a bit more exciting than mine!

Cheers

Adam
One day I'll stop procrastinating.... one day....
Hey Adam, Mick doesn't get a steering wheel to hang onto...
and it looks like he had no air-con either!!!
Seems to be around Edmonton, heading south (perhaps).
Now, if only I could manipulate the photo & see what speed he's doing...
Nah, bugger it. He's enjoying himself. No sign of his route (spelt correctly) notes. Looking very comfortable at the helm.
dateline= Wrote:[cite] fifi:[/cite]looks like he had no air-con either!!!

A/C was declared an F'ed unit at Woree. :an_sad:Loco was to be swapped in Townsville for a better specimen!:au_laugh:

dateline= Wrote:[cite] fifi:[/cite]Seems to be around Edmonton, heading south (perhaps).

Passing through Waugh! :an_smiley:

dateline= Wrote:[cite] fifi:[/cite]Now, if only I could manipulate the photo & see what speed he's doing...

48km/hr on the FIRE! Nice speed to be travelling at, on the approach to the 50 board at the end of Waugh yard!

dateline= Wrote:[cite] fifi:[/cite]No sign of his route (spelt correctly) notes.

Only took 106 minutes to travel from Woree to Innisfail! Not a bad effort, considering he doesn't get to drive that particular piece of steel regularly.:an_cool:

dateline= Wrote:[cite] fifi:[/cite]Looking very comfortable at the helm.

I'd say that's due to the excellent tutelage he received from his Tutor Driver!:an_afro:
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68009]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68007]
dateline= Wrote:[cite] fifi:[/cite]
Seems to be around Edmonton, heading south (perhaps).

No sign of his route (spelt correctly) notes. .
dateline= Wrote:[cite] GEintheND[/cite]Passing through Waugh! :an_smiley:

Who needs the route map??? :wink:
But seriously, I just take thornsey's advice and keep the coast on the left! For the life of me I can't find the maps which means they are buried in my office somewhere. Didn't need them as it turned out, the old memory was quite up to scratch. On the first run down there, GE was scribbling notes furiously all the way down. The following day, he was like a rally car navigator. This is probably why the SRT was one minute better!
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]