QLD Where is it?
That latest photo is of the ram car. This side pushes the hot coke out of the ovens and onto the receiving car on the other side.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.
(22-Sep-2013, 04:03 AM)EMBaldwin Wrote: That latest photo is of the ram car. This side pushes the hot coke out of the ovens and onto the receiving car on the other side.

"enter, receiving car"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Some serious industrial working history there...hopefully Bowen Coke will survive the Glencore shakeup going through Xstrata companies...fingers crossed. Not a whole lot of coke works left in Australia that aren't part of the steel industry (I'm pretty sure Bowen is the only one in fact).
Nickel Plate High Speed Service

This really is a "where is it" ? I honestly don't know the exact location, just the general area!
Coal load out at Macalister between Chinchilla & Dalby, for the Wilkie Creek coal, perhaps?
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
(24-Sep-2013, 10:14 AM)Byjingodingo Wrote: This really is a "where is it" ? I honestly don't know the exact location, just the general area!

MacAlister - Loadout for Wilke Creek coal mine operated by Peabody. Train in frame is loaded awaiting test & authority to travel to port of Brisbane
:beer2 Confusedmitten
It definitely is the Wilkie Creek load out at Macalister...
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
(24-Sep-2013, 06:04 PM)Graham4405 Wrote: It definitely is the Wilkie Creek load out at Macalister...

Apparently it won't be getting used much longer because according to the WIN local news last night, the Wilkie Creek mine is being closed down.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=67417]
Macalister......soon to be closed I believe!!!
(24-Sep-2013, 08:35 PM)Yesman Wrote: Macalister......soon to be closed I believe!!!

It has been for sale for a long time but nobody is putting their hand up. The word is that it has become uneconomical to mine, cost of mining exceeds the value of the coal. Very likely to close in the near future. Looks like our next door neighbours will return to NZ from whence they came....

Edit: Found this: http://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news...e/2030175/
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld