What is this van?
Hi

I have a "what is it question" as I am wanting to do a 1/6 of this break van but cant see the number or class, shot is off the shuttle runs with the PB15 and A10 at Kuranda in 1991. Van was also sighted on a vid of the Brisbane valley line

Rob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks like BLV44 which was part of the Vintage Train consist. Not sure what happened to it but it may still be around Ipswich Works/Museum somewhere.

I may be able to send more details when I get home in a week or so.
Im with A10 here - I recall when Mary Valley had the AC16 loco on loan for a while, a van very similar to this accompanied it to MVHR, but never (that I know of) ran with it on the branch (sadly, as it was beautifully and recently restored at the time). Thats if it is the same van in question. I do know it was one I hadnt seen before - wasnt one of the usual ARHS tour suspects Wink
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
Does BLV = Branch Line Van....
Home on the range.....
BLV 44 is in storage as part of the local QR Heritage collection in Rockhampton. She is sitting in number 2 container road I think it is.
Volunteer at The Valley Rattler, Southern Downs Steam Railway and Queensland Rail Heritage
(13-Oct-2013, 07:32 PM)No Name Recorded Wrote: Does BLV = Branch Line Van....

You've got the "V" right.Confusedmiley
But "B" means that it's Second Class (First Class would be "A"), and the "L" stands for "Lavatory. "
All comments made by myself are as a private citizen, and are not made on behalf of Aurizon or Australia Eastern Railroad.

[Image: piggyanim1.gif]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johncnj/
Johnmc
Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn
Cheers van 44 it seems to be, any chance of some clearer pic's or directions to some diagrams would be much welcomed.

(also van that went with AC16 was a larger CLV with a veranda each end where as it appears 44 only has 1 - though I may be wrong).
BLV 44 was originally a CLV van but was modified in her later years to a BLC configuration.
Volunteer at The Valley Rattler, Southern Downs Steam Railway and Queensland Rail Heritage