SIGQ Signalling Interest Group Queensland
Anyone got info of where the rail line will go for stage 3 at Acland/New Hope....when the govt. green light it!
Home on the range.....
I haven't been there since Acland opened and started railing coal.
Is the Acland Mining Museum still there?
(...this is Control calling, over.)
(19-Feb-2014, 06:07 AM)QRSignalman Wrote: I haven't been there since Acland opened and started railing coal.
Is the Acland Mining Museum still there?

The museum is still there and New Hope have said the town will stay also.

(18-Feb-2014, 09:04 PM)No Name Recorded Wrote: Anyone got info of where the rail line will go for stage 3 at Acland/New Hope....when the govt. green light it!

We did a tour to the mine not long ago. The guide on board (the mine's managing director) suggested that they would look at using the old Cooyar branch. We were shown the proposed alignment while traveling towards Acland on the bus and on a map in their presentation at the Acland hall.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]
[Image: bike-1.gif]
Hello, this is my first post and for what to many is pretty elementary. I would like to know what colours and combinations of colours were used on Queensland signal levers? Black for points, blue for locks and red for signals are easy enough but what others were used?
Thanks in advance.
(24-Feb-2014, 06:31 PM)pdgh59 Wrote: Hello, this is my first post and for what to many is pretty elementary. I would like to know what colours and combinations of colours were used on Queensland signal levers? Black for points, blue for locks and red for signals are easy enough but what others were used?
Thanks in advance.
Spare levers were white.
Distant signal levers were green.
Flashing lights or boom gate levers were half black and half white. The top half being black.
Release levers, either releasing another frame, or releasing the lever frame it is in have black and white stripes.
That's it as far as I know...
Hi, thanks for that.
(31-Dec-2013, 04:47 PM)QRSignalman Wrote: Sorry - but I need to bring up Tully Cabin again.
This is the suspected building at the southern end which is now a toilet block.
Is anybody going to/through Tully any time soon who could do some research work?
You may need to spend 20 minutes or so.
I can guide you remotely with what to look for and where to look for it.
Thanks again
Frank

The arrow is pointing at a join in coating of the platform, you can kind of see a out line of a room, or it could be anything, this is in front of the toilet block. The stumps for toilet are only 150 mm or so off the ground, the outside walls go right down to the stumps but the floor inside is level with the platform. :meh Could not see away of getting to the other side of the tracks (without trespassing) to have a look at the front face of the platform to see if there is or was a hole for cable's. The other problem today was the fact it was raining cats and dogs like only North Queensland knows how. Will try again another day. :beer3
[Image: bike-1.gif]
(22-Mar-2014, 02:41 PM)Coyote Wrote: it was raining cats and dogs like only North Queensland knows how.

Please send us some of that...
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
The concrete platform face showed no evidence of an opening for signal wires/point rodding going by other images supplied. The platform face dates from ? so it could be after any said cabin existed. The cabin at the northern end was certainly pre concrete platform face.