DFZ 2404
ARG has modified the cab of DFZ 2404.

Obviously they felt that the maxi-cab wasn't ugly enough.

Check out western rails e-mag for the photo.

http://www.westernrails.com/West_Aust_Ra...er_104.pdf
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.
This thing didn't get hit with the ugly stick, it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Another unit has gone into Gemco for rebuilding, I will investigate what 2300 class it is.
I'm guessing that's going to make it out of gauge in Qld?
All comments made by myself are as a private citizen, and are not made on behalf of Aurizon or Australia Eastern Railroad.

[Image: piggyanim1.gif]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johncnj/
Johnmc
Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn
It might still match the 2800 'Y' profile...couldn't see them returning to the Toowoomba line though.
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
I couldn't help but notice that it has been fitted with a real horn!! Big Grin Nathan P3, same as the S Class here.
They way it looks now, do we want it back here Smile
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.
I get the impression ARG WA drivers are fussy with the way they want their loco cabs.
Real trains have Guards Vans
When you see one of these or the ex-2100 class coupled with a P or DB Class, the cab height and loco size is mind blowing. I'm not at home at the moment, but when I return home, I'll pull up a comparison shot. 1 picture = 1000 words.

When your used to a DB or DA and get in one of these squashy DD or DFZ locos, huge difference. No wounder this rebuilt happened. Ugly, yet very practical!
(14-Oct-2010, 08:38 AM)Sulla Wrote: It might still match the 2800 'Y' profile...couldn't see them returning to the Toowoomba line though.

If these loco's were required back in QLD and they were outside the QLD loading guage, then it is the expense of changing the cabs to suit QLD conditions which I see is a waste of money.
Real trains have Guards Vans
Is there any significance to the sticker on the side of the cab that partly reads "eyes street"?
Take your photos today as tommorrow may be too late - whatever it may be