DFZ 2404
The logo on the side of the cab reads "Eyes on the street".
Having only just started back with ARG I am unsure what it relates to.

I dont find the cab on the DFZ to be ugly at all.
Having worked on the DD loco`s in Picton, I found it very hard to stand up straight in the cab.
The cabs are very small with low roof heights.

Cheers
Steve
:beer2
"Eyes on the Street" is a sort of neighbourhood watch thing set up with various companies, not limited to the rail industry.

Cheers,
I see on Railpage there's been a sighting of 2349 on a low loader in WA. Looks like there's more 2300s heading west.
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
(10-Nov-2010, 07:19 AM)Sulla Wrote: I see on Railpage there's been a sighting of 2349 on a low loader in WA. Looks like there's more 2300s heading west.

Perhaps all the non-coal 2300s (that is those that are not receiving the 'D' suffix rebuild) will finish up as DFZs?
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
(10-Nov-2010, 01:35 PM)Graham4405 Wrote:
(10-Nov-2010, 07:19 AM)Sulla Wrote: I see on Railpage there's been a sighting of 2349 on a low loader in WA. Looks like there's more 2300s heading west.

Perhaps all the non-coal 2300s (that is those that are not receiving the 'D' suffix rebuild) will finish up as DFZs?

Wouldn't think any of the 2300s fitted with ATP will be going either?
They've got to juggle having enough 15.75-16.0tonne locos available for Toowoomba and points west too. I guess with twenty or so 2800s being freed up from the Mt Isa line in the next few months then most of the 2300s and 'F' Clydes will be concentrated in Brisbane and their use on the NCL will become somewhat rarer.
(13-Oct-2010, 11:50 AM)Mike_in_the_west Wrote: This thing didn't get hit with the ugly stick, it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Another unit has gone into Gemco for rebuilding, I will investigate what 2300 class it is.

;D ;D:lol:lol

Cheers,
Ben
Member 2710 (STM).
Trainee tram conductor
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/austrammodelling/. For all model tram queries
Slander free zones: ATDB/RailSA
How long's the train? About 7 or 8 cars
(22-Oct-2010, 07:32 PM)Danielle Wrote: Is there any significance to the sticker on the side of the cab that partly reads "eyes street"?

Hi Danielle,
Maybe it has to do with level crossings:confused?

Cheers,
Ben
Member 2710 (STM).
Trainee tram conductor
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/austrammodelling/. For all model tram queries
Slander free zones: ATDB/RailSA
How long's the train? About 7 or 8 cars
If this loco is 2404, does that mean it was 2404 when in Qld?

No, that's just ARG's horse-power based numbering system at work. I haven't got my conversion list with me, but I think 2300-232? were 1550s and 2330-2392 were 2400s, 2450s and 2470s.

I'm not sure if this separate numbering system in WA will last much longer...by the sounds of things the new 4100s being built for the iron ore traffic over there will still be numbered within the existing 4100 series - whereas if they had WA numbers they should be something like a 'SA 3400'.