Last stop for Tennyson station?
Read a report this morning that suggests that today (or possibly yesterday) is / was the last day of trains stopping at Tennyson station.

I presume that if correct, this is part of the new timetabe changes coming out.....
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
Yes it is. I headed out this morning to film some of the last AM services to use the station. I'd go and film some of the service this afternoon but I've got work so hopefully someone else will head out.
"It shocks me that Huggies has had a good idea for once in his dim-witted life!" - Jason Roberts, A.T.D.B.
SO how many people actually catch the train at Tennyson?
Probably none. That suburb is chocka block with 2 - 5 car garages all stocked with His & Hers 318i BMW's and other European makes. The train times and lack of frequency / connection offered was so abysmal it didnt make for a viable option for many to use it in any case.

Either way, I cant see how it will be a loss. The new tennis joint is orientated with Yeerongpilly, which makes plenty of sense.
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
A.M. services were under utilised but the same couldn't be said for the afternoon train.
"It shocks me that Huggies has had a good idea for once in his dim-witted life!" - Jason Roberts, A.T.D.B.
Really? I had assumed that it was dead as a door nail most times.....any reason why PM was popular/ish Huggies?
School Kids use the service more in the afternoon to travel from the Beenleigh Line to the Ipswich Line.
Ah, but they didnt have the need to use Tennyson station......or did they just use it to hop off and have an undercover smoke, before rejoining another train to get to Yeerongpilly? Wink
Still the service is being used in this case. Under cover smokes set you back a $150 these days. Wink