QLD Where is it?
Ding dang...these northerners are good. Yep, this is the branch that ran down Morey Street and Seventh Avenue to the BP terminal. It closed sometime in the eighties, was still mostly intact in 1995 but since then has gradually disappeared to the point where the level crossing at Nelson Street is the last remaining section easily visible. As an aside, if anyone has any photos of this branch don't be afraid to post them here...I've never seen any shots of this line in use, although I believe DHs worked on it at the end.

Here's a couple of other shots at the old level crossing.

Over to you EM.
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
My brother used to live in the house on the corner of Perkins/Morey St, probably around 1995 when I think of it. I can remember visiting him at that stage with the crossing in front of his house still being more or less intact.

Let's try for a rough km point while we're at it Smile

Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.
Sainty to lock in .... Briaba Bank at a wild guess
Sainty
Guard - St Lawrence

A proud supporter of 3 Man Crew Trains and Rules 229 / 442

A lover of Queensland Railways English Electric Locomotives

Has a passion for Staff and Ticket Working and Electric Staff Working
No, not the bank.
(23-Apr-2012, 07:45 PM)EMBaldwin Wrote: No, not the bank.

Mmmm .... time for some clues EMBaldwin?

Take your photos today as tommorrow may be too late - whatever it may be
Completely forgot about this thread.

Sainty is right in that it is a grade/bank, it just affects trains going the other direction.... and there aren't that many big gradients on the Newlands system really.
*Bump*

Can I proffer a WIzzit to get the ball rolling again?

Dunno 'bout anyone else, but I'd say "count me in" Big Grin
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
Well, it's been a while since anyone has guessed. The last clue should give it away to anyone familiar with the Newlands system. Unfortunately I'm not... Smile
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
Right-io; sink yer teeth into this one:

[Image: Where%20Is%20It%20100612.jpg?m=1339313484]

Yes that's right another obscure archaeology themed pic!