8050 in PN Bollocks!
(02-Nov-2007, 10:19 PM)KRviator link Wrote:As for cab upgrades, all we've got is a CD player, fridge, downlight and fluro cablights now. Oh, and electric wipers. Big Grin Nothing overly exciting among that lot.

What! No Microwave! :eek: >Sad

(02-Nov-2007, 10:19 PM)KRviator link Wrote:Oh, and electric wipers. Big Grin Nothing overly exciting among that lot.

What more could you possible want other than electric wipers! Big Grin
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68009]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68007]
dateline= Wrote:I'm very disappointed in the upgrade, particularly as they are spending well over a million dollars per unit.

I think i'm gunna have to agree with KR on this one. I'm giving PN a big  O0 for having a go and doing some work on these outdated engines, but i'd like to know if management consulted any of the crews that will be working these units before they started the refurb.

I saw the piccies on the computer at work, and I could think of at least a dozen simple things that could've been done that wern't - eg: a bright/dim switch for the V.C light.

Oh well, at least the old girl is in better nick than when we had it as a bank engine (below) Confusedmilie:

edit - I also find it interesting they have kept the chain for the auto pin lifting bar for bank engine working...

[old attachment automagically deleted]