Illawarra Grainy
I was working 7 run last night Down through Penshurst, when I saw a rare® sight approaching on the Up - a grainy Big Grin

Most freight on the Illawarra is coalies, closely followed by the Manildras, plus some intermodal and a couple of steelies. Don't see grainies very often.

What was particularly interesting about this one was the lashup. On the odd occasion I have seen them at home (on the South Coast), it has typically been an 81 leading, followed by a pair of 48s.

Last night's serving yielded 8130, followed by a 48, then another 81, then a pair of 48s (including a daggy looking 48156).

Unfortunately my priority at the time was, erm, livestock movements :Smile >Sad - else I'd have taken more copious detail - and snapped off a few piccies too.
Stand clear, doors slicing
(14-Dec-2007, 03:01 AM)EYL link Wrote:Unfortunately my priority at the time was, erm, livestock movements
Alec: Do you mean you were moving livestock or were you gunzelling livestock movements and did said movements occur on foot or by train? :dfc:
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
I think he had stray livestock crossing the track in front of his Loco. :confused:
[Image: bike-1.gif]
(14-Dec-2007, 09:40 PM)Phantomtrainrider link Wrote:I think he had stray livestock crossing the track in front of his Loco. :confused:
Actually I think he was referring to his passengers... Confusedmilie:
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
(14-Dec-2007, 10:49 PM)Graham4405 link Wrote:[quote author=Phantomtrainrider link=topic=1722.msg26299#msg26299 date=1197632422]
I think he had stray livestock crossing the track in front of his Loco. :confused:
Actually I think he was referring to his passengers... Confusedmilie:
[/quote]
[Image: 20061114_sheep.jpg]
Stand clear, doors slicing