QLD Where is it?
(12-Sep-2014, 01:20 PM)Graham4405 Wrote:
(12-Sep-2014, 08:50 AM)BR30453 Wrote:
(12-Sep-2014, 06:41 AM)Sulla Wrote: How old is the new bridge? Looks a pretty recent replacement.

From the 1972/1973 Commissioner's Report:

New prestressed concrete bridges were completed at Auckland Creek Gladstone, Charlevue Creek, Middle Creek and near Gogango on Central Line and at Tchanning Creek near Roma, Western Line.

Not doubting you Arthur, but...

I first went to Roma (from Brisbane) for work in 1974. At that time the old low level bridges on the Warrego Highway were in the process of being replaced with high level bridges through this area. Probably just my faulty memory, but I don't recall seeing a brand new looking rail bridge across Tchanning Creek on my first, rather daunting, drive to Roma, however I do recall seeing the bridge in the photo on more recent trips (in the last decade or two) through there.

I saw this and asked my neighbour who works on the bridge gang at Miles, Tchanning Creek bridge was commissioned in June 1973 apparently.
Member DownsSteam Toowoomba

I support the move to put Freight on Rail. Whats the point of having infrastructure if it is not being utilised.
Where would it be?

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]
[Image: bike-1.gif]
WSITD, Yaraka?
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
Dirranbandi?
(05-Oct-2014, 07:27 PM)BBJet Wrote: Dirranbandi?

That's where it is alright
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=67417]
(05-Oct-2014, 08:20 PM)Maxn99 Wrote:

Maxn99 - when you took these photos did you look at the goods shed cranes and notice any builders plates at all?
Take your photos today as tommorrow may be too late - whatever it may be
(06-Oct-2014, 04:51 PM)Danielle Wrote:
(05-Oct-2014, 08:20 PM)Maxn99 Wrote:

Maxn99 - when you took these photos did you look at the goods shed cranes and notice any builders plates at all?

Sorry to say but we didn't even when we passed through Dirranbandi again on our way home from Lightning Ridge this June
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=67417]
Where is it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

lyntton rd area, over aquarium passage?
(08-Oct-2014, 05:30 PM)Queenslander Wrote: lyntton rd area, over aquarium passage?
I'll give it to you (GR may not have) actual name is Paringa Rd, which connects to Lytton Rd.

Well done!