QLD Where is it?
Here we go, out of focus, through a bug-splattered windscreen, etc. etc... :-)

[Image: IMG_0942.JPG]
Where is it?
All comments made by myself are as a private citizen, and are not made on behalf of Aurizon or Australia Eastern Railroad.

[Image: piggyanim1.gif]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johncnj/
Johnmc
Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn
Nelia?
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68009]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68007]
Julia Creek? (641 km)
(but I really thinks its Nelia too Cry
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]

Nelia it is... My train (Mineral/General freight 9255, 2848+2210 on the lead), crosses empty Phosphate Hill fertilizer train 9T84 (28...errr... *something* on the lead. I *did* say it was out of focus ConfusedhamedSmile at Nelia, 1750hrs 04/12/2004.

(And *that* - ladies and gentlemen - is why I always keep my own personal times and train details for each trip I do... :tongue: )

Over to you, Rob.
All comments made by myself are as a private citizen, and are not made on behalf of Aurizon or Australia Eastern Railroad.

[Image: piggyanim1.gif]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johncnj/
Johnmc
Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn
Thanks John!

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7726]

Where is it?
Thats between Wyreema and Drayton, possibly one of the last returns of what was left of the Dirranbandi mail...the two TLV vans at the front of the train give that away...

If its not, then Im screwed. I used to live about 500metres up from that crossing...if not, its damn similar!Confusedad:
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
dateline= Wrote:[cite] Rolls Royce:[/cite]If its not, then Im screwed. I used to live about 500metres up from that crossing...if not, its damn similar!Confusedad:

From memory, the location is called Finnie and it is situated between Wyreema and Drayton!

Over to you Rolls!  Confusedmilie:
Yes, thats right! We used to have a habit of throwing our empty tallies out the window at the actual crossing at Finnie (back many years ago and young & stupid). Finnie used to have a small corrugated iron shelter, with a name board on either side. The shelter contained a control phone, party line phone and a bench seat.

That actual crossing is a back road from the highway to out the back of the uni - I nearly bought the adjacent house back in 2000 for 148,000. But thought that was too much even then!Confusedurprised:

sorry - Im still underskilled or short on time to be able to load things up into the gallery - the Failpage gallery tried my patience so have given up for now.

I leave the floor open...but thanks for the offer!:bigsmile:
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
Hi All,
I have been enjoying this discussion for a while so I thought I would make a contribution if I may....
Where is it??

[old attachment automagically deleted]
welcome and thanks for your contribution

Now, starting with an outrageous guess, I am thinking Spirit of the outback? If so how about Grantleigh?

(if its not the spirit, it looks like a photoshopped mail train on the lappa range!):wink:
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]