QLD Where is it?
To help out, here is an image taken in the opposite direction to that of the original photo..

[Image: udsd.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Driving D17 122 for the last time on 175 down in Feb 1967 at Buranda before she was scrapped.
Fruitgrove?
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
No to Fruitgrove, but a bit warmer than Banyo,Bindha,Deagon...
Driving D17 122 for the last time on 175 down in Feb 1967 at Buranda before she was scrapped.
Final clue - Here is pic showing location from where first 2 pics were taken, the first to the right, the second to the left...

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/ch51.jpg/][Image: ch51.jpg][/URL]
Wynnum North?
Finally. Wynnum North it is.. Explaining some earlier clues...

462up/463 down fruit was usually DD17 hauled arr Manly 0503. Loco watered Cannon Hill/Murarrie in both directions as well as Manly. Pineapples were conveyed direct from Woombye. They were unloaded at Manly and trucked to Hargreaves Cannery in Manly West which later became Golden Circle, and now is a housing estate.

38up/35down was a daily ( M-F ) B18 1/4 ( BB after Gabba closure, then 1720 ), hauled goods to Manly ex Moolabin ( in later years ). It shunted Coorparoo ( timber ), Cannon Hill, Murarrie, Wynnum, turned at Manly, then shunted Wynnum Central ( timber for Bunneys Timberyard adjacent to the station ), then Lytton Junction - to Ampol/Port-a-Gas and back, Murarrie, Cannon Hill and eventually to Corinda, where a Mayne loco took over, the B 18 1/4 then returning to the Gabba.

The AC16 I once noted on this working shunting Wynnum Central, was obviously the Mayne loco which on that day ran the whole working, instead of handing over to the B18 1/4.

1089 was noted relaying track east of Wynnum North ( the location of the original picture ) in 1964, with 94 lbs track ( instead of the previous 60lb ) in readiness for DEL workings which commenced in earnest in 1967...

So the original picture was east of Wynnum North..

All yours A10...
(12-Sep-2013, 04:42 PM)D17 No.122 Wrote: All yours A10...

Another Wynnum/Manly boy got it. I didn't pick it... :redface
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
I thought it looked familiar when I first saw it but couldn't quite place it. I must say I don't recall ever seeing a DD17 on the pineapple train though.

Any way, I am currently on the Westlander climbing the Toowoomba Range so don't have access to any photos so it is open floor.
Yes Graham, I was very surprised. Thought being a local you would have got it quickly. The big change around here has been the growth of trees along the line which were all but non existent way back then...

A10...... The DD17 was not a regular on this working and the working itself was also irregular. The train was always a short one, so I guess the job was allocated to a spare loco..

I lived almost lineside at Manly over those years so saw all the comings and goings...
(13-Sep-2013, 07:33 AM)D17 No.122 Wrote: Yes Graham, I was very surprised. Thought being a local you would have got it quickly.

Well, what can I say. It has been a very long time since I spent any time in the area, also Wynnum North was not a station I used or took a lot of notice of. I caught trains from/to both Manly and Wynnum Central, later lived close to Lindum station, but don't remember regularly catching trains from there. My sister's mother-in-law used to live beside Lota station and my sister and her hubby used to live next to the Hemmant overbridge too.
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld