The MVHR News
dateline= Wrote:[cite] Rolls Royce:[/cite]I recall having to spend a day in that old motel (what a dive), and remember having a look at the engine sitting in the park, because I couldnt sleep and went for a walk. It was nearly ten years ago, so anything is possible.
My photo (above) was taken 10 years ago. The Motel across the road would be the Carnarvon Motel, in which I have stayed a couple of times. It was quite nice when I stayed there though, I think it has been renovated in that time frame.
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
Hey what's #45 up to these days?

I have a recording of it in the ARHSQ collection on Mt Hallen in 1966 - quite a good recording too...

Jacob
dateline= Wrote:[cite] Jacob:[/cite]Hey what's #45 up to these days?
Last time I was there it was sitting in the shed waiting patiently for some TLC. IIRC MVHR want to get 253 running before turning their attention to 45.
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
dateline= Wrote:[cite] Graham4405:[/cite]
Quote:[cite] Rolls Royce:[/cite]I recall having to spend a day in that old motel (what a dive), and remember having a look at the engine sitting in the park, because I couldnt sleep and went for a walk. It was nearly ten years ago, so anything is possible.
My photo (above) was taken 10 years ago. The Motel across the road would be the Carnarvon Motel, in which I have stayed a couple of times. It was quite nice when I stayed there though, I think it has been renovated in that time frame.

Yes, that looks to be the one I looked at...but could have sworn it was under an awning or something. Anyway, doesnt matter - maybe there was a shelter or toilet block nearby. Perhaps the Canarvon Motel had the change of ownership after my time.... and perhaps a tidy up!

That photo brings back memories of 967 on the beach at Caloundra. Somewhere there is a pic of me sitting on the front of it with my grandfather, back in the early 80's....
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
dateline= Wrote:[cite] Jacob:[/cite]Hey what's #45 up to these days?

I have a recording of it in the ARHSQ collection on Mt Hallen in 1966 - quite a good recording too...

Jacob

Where abouts? I just had alook and couldn't find it
It takes many nails to build a crib, but one screw to fill it.
It is not on the website .... Jacob has been working on digitising the whole ARHSQ sound collection and should be ready for CD soon!
Let me know when it is on CD
It takes many nails to build a crib, but one screw to fill it.
dateline= Wrote:[cite] Rolls Royce:[/cite]That photo brings back memories of 967 on the beach at Caloundra. Somewhere there is a pic of me sitting on the front of it with my grandfather, back in the early 80's....
It was certainly a well "climbed on" loco. I know I have climbed on it as has Johnmc.
I should have a photo of it somewhere, but suspect it was in the '60s. It could be one of Dad's photos rather than mine. I will have to look sometime.
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Jacobs CD is out (i bought a copy at the train show)
&quot;With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.<br />The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.&quot;<br /><br /><br />http://au.youtube.com/user/spacemarine88
No it is not, that is a different one. The CD you bought was a re release of a previous album. The never been released steam sounds is still in the making ...... Hmm where is Jacob when he should be answering all these questions .....