The MVHR News
I own a copy of one of those CD's on Vinyl.
"It shocks me that Huggies has had a good idea for once in his dim-witted life!" - Jason Roberts, A.T.D.B.
Confusedhamed:

Sorry all, should have explained myself better.

Firstly, there are 3 CDs currently available from ARHSQ (contact me if u want to purchase, it will be a few weeks before I can finalise details on the website) :

- Steam in the Sunshine State
- Steam Salute
- Queensland Steam Sounds (The one 'The Doctor' bought)

The first two were released as LPs in the 1970s, and from what I can tell the last copies were sold early 80s. Steam in the Sunshine State was re-released on cassette in the 90's, but without much fanfare so no-one knew about it. Queensland Steam Sounds was a cassette produced by John Knowles and released in 1989, and hasn't been available for many years.

The CDs have been produced from the original master tapes that were used for the LPs/Cassette, which are themselves just a small percentage of the total recording collection. During the period of 1966-1969 the ARHSQ recorded over 300 sequences of steam operations, and about 80% of those survive today.

The recording of #45 is one of the earliest recordings remaining, and I plan to release it with another swag of recordings all at Mt Hallen. There are also some great "on footplate" recordings which I hope to release as a CD.

cheers

Jacob
dateline= Wrote:[cite] Jacob:[/cite]Confusedhamed:

Sorry all, should have explained myself better.

Firstly, there are 3 CDs currently available from ARHSQ (contact me if u want to purchase, it will be a few weeks before I can finalise details on the website) :

- Steam Salute

The first two were released as LPs in the 1970s, and from what I can tell the last copies were sold early 80s. Steam in the Sunshine State was re-released on cassette in the 90's, but without much fanfare so no-one knew about it. Queensland Steam Sounds was a cassette produced by John Knowles and released in 1989, and hasn't been available for many years.

The CDs have been produced from the original master tapes that were used for the LPs/Cassette, which are themselves just a small percentage of the total recording collection. During the period of 1966-1969 the ARHSQ recorded over 300 sequences of steam operations, and about 80% of those survive today.

The recording of #45 is one of the earliest recordings remaining, and I plan to release it with another swag of recordings all at Mt Hallen. There are also some great \"on footplate\" recordings which I hope to release as a CD.

cheers

Jacob

Jacob,

Please make sure you let us know when they are available

Cheers
Mike
Jacob, do you think your CD's might be avaliable for the Toowoomba Model Train Show in June?

If so I'll make a purchase.
Paul<br /><br /> My WOS Gallery<br /><br /> My Youtube Video Page
All,

Just to re-interate :

These 3 CDs can be bought now :

- Steam Salute

@ $20 ea, just email me and I will arrange it. Actually, for WOS members make that $15 (sorry doctor!)

The CDs with previously unreleased material are still "in progress" - the Mt Hallen one about 60% done and the footplate one about 40%

I doubt I will have the "new" ones ready by June, but the three others are available now. ARHSQ has stock of about 10 of each, but I can make more on demand.
[
It'll be good to have all this history out for the world to enjoy.

I visited MVHR last July, and it was a great experience. Listening to 802 climbing up to Kandanga was pure magic, and being able to photograph them turning her on the 'table at Imbil was great (no wires to contend with!)

I've also clambered over the loco when it lived at Roma -it was quite a surprise when I found out that I'd spent a day travelling behind what had once been a rusting piece of metal.
Were you trying to add something in that previous post of your Jas?
Paul<br /><br /> My WOS Gallery<br /><br /> My Youtube Video Page
?
Durign the 1970's dad who had been a QR fireman / acting driver at Mayne took me to many good places. Great memories of climbing inside all cabs of the fleet when they were at Redbank - regularly got in before opening time and dad would take me around and show me all of them + stories about each one where was my Ipod?. Other good time were had on 967 when she was at Caloundra (we spent our Christmas vacations on the coast every year) and we spent hours on it there, him hangin out one side me the other playing - cool times! On the occasional visit to Southport in the 70's we did the same thing, but my local favorite was C17 935 Virginia, a regular after Sunday School but only when dad picked me up. Sisters and mum were not as interested, similarly I wasn't interested in the steam roller behind the C17 ............ Smile

Just to keep something else alive, the loco at Jandawae has a tender stamped 253 - And we all know where the front half is - will they ever met again?