Everyday Queensland Observations (now with added trams)
15/6/2015

6.30 - the Burdekin molasses train 6227 just headed down the Jetty Branch with a 2800...didn't get the number
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
The sugar locos I have noted so far are 2807 & 2808. I have spotted only three sets in total (as yet), with the third being being possibly 2805 or 2803.
Yeah, just saw 2805 go past with an empty set.
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
Empty KSR train 4C61 has hit a bus in Cairns this afternoon. Looks like it was Draper Street LX.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68009]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68007]
(15-Jun-2015, 04:47 PM)geinthend Wrote: Empty KSR train 4C61 has hit a bus in Cairns this afternoon. Looks like it was Draper Street LX.

Saw it on the News tonight. That 2nd loco 1738 was down here in our neck of the woods a fortnight ago when it assisted the 150 Year Steam Train up the Toowoomba Range & then out to Charleville & back.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=67417]
(15-Jun-2015, 08:30 PM)Maxn99 Wrote:
(15-Jun-2015, 04:47 PM)geinthend Wrote: Empty KSR train 4C61 has hit a bus in Cairns this afternoon. Looks like it was Draper Street LX.

Saw it on the News tonight. That 2nd loco 1738 was down here in our neck of the woods a fortnight ago when it assisted the 150 Year Steam Train up the Toowoomba Range & then out to Charleville & back.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensla...hoj9z.html
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
According to the news report on Sunrise this morning, the driver of 4C61 was "screaming hysterically" and was taken to hospital following the collision.
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Bus driver admits to not "seeing" the train or warning lights....
Home on the range.....
(16-Jun-2015, 06:56 PM)No Name Recorded Wrote: Bus driver admits to not "seeing" the train or warning lights....

Because trains and flashing lights are so hard to see... Sigh...
Graham R - Dalby Qld
(16-Jun-2015, 10:59 PM)Graham4405 Wrote:
(16-Jun-2015, 06:56 PM)No Name Recorded Wrote: Bus driver admits to not "seeing" the train or warning lights....

Because trains and flashing lights are so hard to see... Sigh...

And it is the only level crossing between Cairns Station and Portsmith Yard without boom gates.
Real trains have Guards Vans