Everyday Queensland Observations (now with added trams)
Sighting Sat 03/12/2016

This afternoon track machines MMA077 & MMB063 working between Brigalow and Chinchilla
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
(01-Dec-2016, 09:20 PM)Graham4405 Wrote:
(29-Nov-2016, 06:46 AM)bear Wrote: End is nigh for the Townsville North Yards it would seem - all containers and other intermodal gear removed and looking quite vacant now.

I thought North Yard was closed years ago?

Sighting Thu 01/12/2016

1715hrs 2306D + 2310D up empty coal Baining

well that was daft of me - thanks. meant the south yards
Sunday 4/12/16
9.25am  2490H & 2473 with load of very long lengths of line being lifted off along the line between  Doctors Creek and Lonesome Dove
( Oakey - Jondaryan section). Also had a 3 driver change. Piles of concrete sleepers near Lonesome Dove.

11.45am Locos back near Lonesome Dove with all lines unloaded.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=67417]
Photo 
Not a network observation so much as a internet one, was browsing flickr and came across this photo of stored 2814 - loco involved in Julia Creek sulphuric acid derailment (good to see still on rails at least, although naturally worse for wear)
also interesting to note 1770D sitting behind in front, a named locomotive (James Cook)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pjreading/...23037@N08/
credit: Peter Reading, flickr
(07-Dec-2016, 07:28 PM)bear Wrote: Not a network observation so much as a internet one, was browsing flickr and came across this photo of stored 2814 - loco involved in Julia Creek sulphuric acid derailment (good to see still on rails at least, although naturally worse for wear)
also interesting to note 1770D sitting behind in front, a named locomotive (James Cook)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pjreading/...23037@N08/
credit: Peter Reading, flickr

The comment on the photo describes these locomotives as "stored". I believe 1770D (James Cook) has been officially withdrawn from service for many years, but was often used to shunt Redbank shops.
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Spotted one 2000 class rail car set in present day commercial service on TV. The mention was very positive as well Smile  
Back Roads - Innisfail to Normanton - Episode 2 Episode 2 Series 2
DOCUMENTARY/FACTUAL28 mins. Heather Ewart joins a big-hearted hairdresser and her 76-year-old apprentice on a ten-day road-trip from their home town of Innisfail to Normanton in Queensland's Gulf country. Next on: Sunday 11 Dec 2016, 12:30pm (Repeat) abc1
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-04/ou...nd/8016446
Obsolete Australian railway historical downloadable document list
Saturday 10/12/2016
4 obsolete coal wagons on trailers at the east bound truck stop at Charlton.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=67417]
(08-Dec-2016, 08:03 AM)Petan Wrote: Spotted one 2000 class rail car set in present day commercial service on TV. The mention was very positive as well Smile  
Back Roads - Innisfail to Normanton - Episode 2 Episode 2 Series 2
DOCUMENTARY/FACTUAL28 mins. Heather Ewart joins a big-hearted hairdresser and her 76-year-old apprentice on a ten-day road-trip from their home town of Innisfail to Normanton in Queensland's Gulf country. Next on: Sunday 11 Dec 2016, 12:30pm (Repeat) abc1
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-04/ou...nd/8016446

Watched this on iView yesterday.
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Since it is soooooo.............   quite in here.

First train up the hill this morning.

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]
[Image: bike-1.gif]
Sighting Mon 16/01/2017

1431hrs 2323D + 2332D down coal Blaxland
Graham R - Dalby Qld