Everyday Queensland Observations (now with added trams)
2843( I think?) ambled into the Townsville South Yard today (or what's remaining of it) and removed most of the stored wagons there - predominately container platforms, with a few rogue nickel GN's for good measure. All that remains are three lonely GOM/B/C type wagons.

Removal of the South Yard itself has slowed for whatever reason - probably inclement weather - however it wont take much effort to remove remaining rail, same probably goes for workshops.
Friday 10/03/2017
11.55am  2350 down grain crossed 2391 up grain in Oakey

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=67417]
bear/sulla1/Townsville correspondents - I left Townsville in 2011 and since then South Yard has gone. 2 then neighbours of mine were part of a preservation group with a lot of stored gear that operated in a disused building in the Yard. Any idea on where they were relocated, if at all.
Driving D17 122 for the last time on 175 down in Feb 1967 at Buranda before she was scrapped.
The ARHS rollingstock was moved to the sidings next to UGL at the Bohle a couple of years ago. I believe Aurizon is going to donate some track and track crews to do some work at the ARHS site.
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
Thanks Sulla.
Driving D17 122 for the last time on 175 down in Feb 1967 at Buranda before she was scrapped.
ARHS looks like they've got a quite a good set up out at the Bohle.

In other Townsville news, the Aurizon rail grinder spent some time on the jetty line today.
Sightings Fri 17/03/2017

1000hrs 2359D + 2302D up empty coal Ehlma
1808hrs 2303D + 2322D up empty coal Broadmead
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
Took a quick look over the South Yard today to document it while still could. Images here (imgur), if anyone is interested.
Monday 27th March,2017
10.15am  2305D & 2307D up coalie crossed 2302D & 2359D down coalie at Oakey Railway Station.
A meeting had just concluded at the Station to discuss the idea of moving the Information Centre from the town library to the Station.
Don't know the outcome.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=67417]
peculiar shunt movement today on the jetty line that i just caught - no doubt cyclone related. a full compliment of sugar VASO wagons were hauled towards the south yard, only for the train to return a couple minutes later reversing the rake back up the branch into the sugar terminal. first time i've seen a full shunt on the red/blue roads.