Some more elderly Sparks.
These photos are from a collection given to me some time ago, from what I am told they are official photos, but whether they were taken by the Dockyard or NSWGR I'm not sure.

Anyhow:

[Image: Sparks1928-1.jpg]
On the back reads: 'Electric Carriages built for NSWGR at Walsh Island. 1928 & 29. Travelled from Newcastle with Electric Carriages building on average 5 cars per week for 2 years. L McPhedron.'

[Image: Sparks1928-2.jpg]
'Carriage Shop Walsh Island. Newcastle 1928 & 29.'

[Image: Sparks1928-3.jpg]
No inscription, but it's not rocket science.

[Image: Sparks1928-4.jpg]
Trailer bogies.

[Image: Sparks1928-5.jpg]
'Interior of Parcel Van' (Excuse the rip in the corner).

[Image: Sparks1928-6.jpg]
'Parcel Vans built at Walsh Island G. Dockyard.'

[Image: Sparks1928-7.jpg]
One of the power bogies.

[Image: Sparks1928-8.jpg]
Underframes waiting for the bodies.

I'm not a spark fan but these are some of my most prized possessions, photographically. Enjoy them as much as I do. More archival stuff to come.
"I'm a great admirer of the racehorse. And I thought if you could put 2000 racehorses together, it'd make a very good locomotive! And it did." - Harold Young, on 3801, August 1970.
Thanks for posting those pictures, certainly much appreciated by myself and I'm sure they will be even more appreciated by the spark fans out there :thumb

Tom
I am not really into stuff outside of QLD but those photo's are absolutly brilliant.
It takes many nails to build a crib, but one screw to fill it.
Cheers Smile When I feel like waging a jihad on my scanner again, I've got some 1889 Maitland flood and 1914 Uralla and Aberdeen derailment pics.
"I'm a great admirer of the racehorse. And I thought if you could put 2000 racehorses together, it'd make a very good locomotive! And it did." - Harold Young, on 3801, August 1970.
Thanks for sharing mate. Theyre terrific! I thought only Victoria had "Fast Parcel's Van's" - I though they were a Clapp era concept, but obviously not! Smile
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
Do any of these survive in preservation?
(28-Aug-2008, 10:33 PM)Rolls Royce link Wrote:Thanks for sharing mate. Theyre terrific! I thought only Victoria had \"Fast Parcel's Van's\" - I though they were a Clapp era concept, but obviously not! Smile

No worries! I don't think that these were actually able to be operated - given the lack of panto space - but we had Bradfield cars that were rigged out as Fast Parcels Vans.

(28-Aug-2008, 11:17 PM)Somebody link Wrote:Do any of these survive in preservation?

Don't know about these particular cars, I know similar ones are with SETS and RTM.
Nathan nice pics mate.
(10-Sep-2008, 04:51 PM)BLAZE link Wrote:Nathan nice pics mate.

Cheers mate you just reminded me I should post those others...
nice old pics i love them
Steam Engines Rules