Foam froth KLs to Pelton
Can I foamer friend, Eddie :dfc :dribblers :train :trainset Big Grin

Nice pix, Nath - thanx for sharing mate Confusedmiley
Stand clear, doors slicing
(02-Oct-2008, 07:22 PM)EYL link Wrote:Can I foamer friend, Eddie :dfc :dribblers :train :trainset Big Grin

Nice pix, Nath - thanx for sharing mate Confusedmiley

Cheers Alec - I should have had a good shot of them rumbling through Neath and a vid up Neath Bank, but a talkative grandmother who bailed up MrsLoco, and a Speeding Nazi father in my back seat put paid to that!  :lol
"I'm a great admirer of the racehorse. And I thought if you could put 2000 racehorses together, it'd make a very good locomotive! And it did." - Harold Young, on 3801, August 1970.
Actually, it's a good reason to make an attempt at another Neath occasion. Bearing in mind that KLs are a 49, I'd enjoy hearing (as well as seeing) them in action on the SMR. The 49ers always sound a treat coming past here on the cock or two run - and that's on the flat.
Stand clear, doors slicing
Indeed. I've not had much to do with 49s closeup - everytime I've been to Eveleigh 4918 has been out and about, and we don't see much of them up here. Sounded very sexy.

On that, see the WoS Social Committee thread, I've thrown the gauntlet down!
"I'm a great admirer of the racehorse. And I thought if you could put 2000 racehorses together, it'd make a very good locomotive! And it did." - Harold Young, on 3801, August 1970.
4904-80
4910-81
4917-82

IIRC both 4904 and 4917 were in original livery when they went.
Was 4910 in blue?

Spadge
&quot;I think people should be free to engage in any sexual practices they choose; they should draw the line at goats though.&quot; <br />Elton John
All the filthy Aussie Rail info at http://locoshed.blogspot.com
Check out the Philippine Railway Historical Society. http://philippine-railways.blogspot.com
Indeed 4910 was blue, as was 4911. Always thought they looked very fine in that.
&quot;I'm a great admirer of the racehorse. And I thought if you could put 2000 racehorses together, it'd make a very good locomotive! And it did.&quot; - Harold Young, on 3801, August 1970.
Two (4902 and 4905) that were sold to QR-Interail for bogies were later sold to a private buyer in Victoria. There are rumours that are a degree credible one may be activated as a test bed for traction motors.
You can shove your Melbourne
And you can shove your Vic
'Cos I've got a lager
That'll make you sick