S and S rumours lah..
Don't forget to get a "North Star Star" while you're up there.

And I think it was North Star that had the photo on the wall of what you can do to a 48'er when you drive it through a washaway...
Comments made are strictly the opinion of the author and do not reflect the opinions of the ADF, Pacific National, Freight Australia or the Boy Scouts of Antartica.

My fotopic gallery: http://KRviator.fotopic.net
That would be Dick Irelands little incident down at Croppa Creek. I use to have photos of it (somewhere)
You won't get me I'm part of the Union, you won't get me I'm part of the Union, till the day I die, till the day I die.<br /><br />The Strawbs. 1973 Bursting at the Seams:<br />Part of the Union.
Theres still a picture of that little episode inside the Botany RIC office.
Also heard the first pipe train may be running this weekend on Saturday.
Amid all the crap, it is a welcome pustule of truth bursting forth.<br /><br />Well, as they say, &quot;normal&quot; is just a setting on a dryer. So if you stick enough people in a laundry room, someone is bound to want to violate that dryer.
Signed on at 0420 this morning and found out the first Silverton pipe train was a failure at Murrundi and the bankers had gone down to rescue it.

The train arrived into the yard about 0600 with the bankers and failed 442s5/442s2 on the front, a train load of Pacnat owned ROOX open wagons and VFCX log wagons on hire/loan from Pacnat. The 442's were cut off and stabled in the yard.

442's might technically be able to go to North star but someones got rocks in there head wanting to take them over the bridges at Moree and Camurra. :eek
Regards,<br />Scott<br /><br />http://www.flickr.com/photos/theshoppingtrolley/
Oh dear that is a shame...here is some photos of the "pipe train" at Warabrook around 7.00pm on Saturday evening....
Our job to take 4144 to Sydney turned into another 12 hour overnight effort, finally stumbling home 6.30am Sunday morning...
Of course the engines being 442s2, and 442s5...and lots of pipes...
Amid all the crap, it is a welcome pustule of truth bursting forth.<br /><br />Well, as they say, &quot;normal&quot; is just a setting on a dryer. So if you stick enough people in a laundry room, someone is bound to want to violate that dryer.
48's & T's are all that is allowed north or Moree. Haven't they changed the TOC manual yet. This was sorted out about 6 years ago unless they have replace all the lead ups to the bridge at Cumarra.

If you are going to try and take anything heavier up there I would be getting something in writing as you might find it being a one way trip via rail and a one way trip via road.
You won't get me I'm part of the Union, you won't get me I'm part of the Union, till the day I die, till the day I die.<br /><br />The Strawbs. 1973 Bursting at the Seams:<br />Part of the Union.
dateline= Wrote:48's & T's are all that is allowed north or Moree. Haven't they changed the TOC manual yet
Doesen't look like it.

Going by the latest TOC Manual revision on the ARTC website, you can take an 81 all the way to North Star, albeit at a restricted speed. For track speek you'll need any one or more of the following:

22, 421, 422, 44, 45, 45(s), 600, EL, FL, HL, 43, 44(s), 930, 423, T, 47, 48, 49, 830, 900, KL, PL or a 73 Class if there's any still getting around.

So says the TOC manual, with appropriate loco's you can do 80 all the way, except for a couple of curves at Camurra and about half way between Croppa Creek and North Star....

EDIT: Just found this TOC Waiver from the ARTC...Load restrictions for the North Star line have been lifted and the above conditions now re-apply to the line, albeit with a couple of TSR's over various bridges etc.
Comments made are strictly the opinion of the author and do not reflect the opinions of the ADF, Pacific National, Freight Australia or the Boy Scouts of Antartica.

My fotopic gallery: http://KRviator.fotopic.net
Saw the SnS pipe train departing Port Waratah for a daylight run yesterday with 603 and 2x48's. More pipes in Morandoo for tonights or tomorrow's train whatever the case may be.

I'd say Patricks Narrabri run is on borrowed time with a spate of recent failures upsetting the customers.
The two Jumbos failed again, departing light loco from Broadmeadow yesterday morning.
They are now hanging foul at Cardiff once again awaiting repairs, lah.
(30-Oct-2008, 08:13 AM)Timmaaayyyyyyy link Wrote:I'd say Patricks Narrabri run is on borrowed time with a spate of recent failures upsetting the customers.
What do you expect when their number 1 driver defected to Northern Coal?  :devil