Brisbane Northside DVD
While on discussion... Are there any documentary (non foamer) style DVD videos available that show history similar to Down to the bay? Any recommendations?

Cheers
Out of Dalby is a good one
&quot;With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.<br />The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.&quot;<br /><br /><br />http://au.youtube.com/user/spacemarine88
Hey guys. 

I only own a portion of the copyright on the Brisbane Northside DVD and so I can’t re-release it. The other owner of it is not willing to put the cash up to have it re-pressed and won’t let me buy him out.

I didnt have full creative control and so it’s not my favourite dvd. The shots we used of trains in reverse (made to look like they are going forwards) shit me to tears, as does the music! But we learn from our mistakes.

So even if I could, I won’t re-press it.

BUT I am thinking about re-releasing it in a "Down To The Bay" format, with new footage and frequent flashbacks.  I might compare the new ferny grove line to the old ferny grove line (pre/post duplication)… include some more steam & diesel action etc. Dunno. It’s a while off.

There will be two new dvds hitting the shelves first, one at xmas, and another in about 5 months. 
(26-Oct-2008, 08:08 PM)The Doctor link Wrote:Out of Dalby is a good one
I will be sure to make that the next one to the collection. I am thoroughly enjoying the Rail Around Queensland DVD's.
(29-Oct-2008, 06:50 PM)SteveM link Wrote:BUT I am thinking about re-releasing it in a \"Down To The Bay\" format, with new footage and frequent flashbacks.  I might compare the new ferny grove line to the old ferny grove line (pre/post duplication)… include some more steam & diesel action etc. Dunno. It’s a while off.

There will be two new dvds hitting the shelves first, one at xmas, and another in about 5 months. 
That would be Sensation. I love the line documentaries like that.

Keep up the great work Steve. Look forward to future productions.

I can only wish that one day similar style documentaries are released for other states.

wink wink