Werris Creek
Apparently El Zorro has tried to re-arrange Werris Creek. Supposed to be some pic's on failpage.
You won't get me I'm part of the Union, you won't get me I'm part of the Union, till the day I die, till the day I die.<br /><br />The Strawbs. 1973 Bursting at the Seams:<br />Part of the Union.
Finished loading on the fast road and moved the train over to the slow road to stow so Pacnat could load on the fast road. Cut thirty off down the gap end then ran forward to clear the chute with the two EL's, G and 10 or so trucks. Apparently the driver pulled up on the auto and didn't apply the independent when he stopped, released the auto and then got off the engine to get a set of points or something similar. Train lasted about 40 seconds or so on the chokes then he turned around to watch them roll backwards all the way from up near J frame at the station back onto the thirty stowed at the gap end.

Bent a CGDY hopper which lost abit of its load, also sheared the container twistlocks on the container type hoppers and did abit of damage to the container bodys, they lost abit of there load aswell. Silo blokes reckon they were doing about 30km/h when they hit. The rest of the CGDY's look to have bent abit in the sides of the body but there not real bad, an inspection and replacement of couplers etc and they should be right to travel. Loco's need an inspection to.
Regards,<br />Scott<br /><br />http://www.flickr.com/photos/theshoppingtrolley/
That really gives you a helpless sinking feeling when that happens, yes?
Amid all the crap, it is a welcome pustule of truth bursting forth.<br /><br />Well, as they say, &quot;normal&quot; is just a setting on a dryer. So if you stick enough people in a laundry room, someone is bound to want to violate that dryer.
Where was Bettsy......

Apparently the EL's have to go in for a major exam to check engine alignment
You won't get me I'm part of the Union, you won't get me I'm part of the Union, till the day I die, till the day I die.<br /><br />The Strawbs. 1973 Bursting at the Seams:<br />Part of the Union.
(20-Nov-2008, 08:17 PM)Nevyn link Wrote:Where was Bettsy......

Apparently the EL's have to go in for a major exam to check engine alignment

Both EL's are kaput for now, sheared one of the fuel tank bolts off one plus the above mentioned stuff. G class has continual ground relays, the entire train now needs to be tipped back into the sub and the good wagons reloaded as the load shifted in the hit up. A couple of cranes need to be brought in to rerail a couple of the derailed wagons before this can happen though.
Regards,<br />Scott<br /><br />http://www.flickr.com/photos/theshoppingtrolley/
How long, time wise, was it from when he pulled up on Auto to impact? Less than a minute to several minutes? During DOO shunting in NSW, is VCS still functioning or is it cut-out? What's the time interval between VCS acknowledgements (90 seconds)?

I would presume that VCS would have been operating and would not have been cancelled out when stationary, as the loco's Independent Brake hadn't been fully applied (or in this case not at all).

Just curious!
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68009]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68007]
Hi im back as my computer has just been hooked up...incase you have forgotten me i was a shunter/terminal operator for QRX Transport in Cairns working with PNQ, and i have just moved to Werris to work with PN as a trainee driver(eventually). Been here a month and mostly been stuck in a classroom but have been out for a couple of runs which has been good. Have to say i am enjoying the weather down here at the moment and am not missing all the rain up north at all.
Damn, I thought we had gotten rid of you, we'll have to try harder this time. Tongue

Glad you are enjoying the training.
&quot;How long will the next train be? Six cars would be my guess.&quot;
(07-Feb-2009, 01:55 AM)Tapey link Wrote:Hi im back as my computer has just been hooked up

Did your container and its contents turn up in one piece?  Big Grin
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68009]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68007]
It was probably damaged in the posts mentioned earlier! :evil