Chaos in Brisbane's West Following Storms 20/11/2008
I just had a call on my mobile from Mick (thornesyau) who advises that following 200+mm of rain last night in Brisbane's west there is chaos on the Ipswich & Western Line.

Apparently a washout between Rosewood & Grandchester, a platform has collapsed at Booval (I think that's what he said) and just general rail chaos!

Mick is hoping to get some photos later and post them for us along with his report...
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
Off the QR Citytrain Site
"QR is experiencing service disruptions on the Ipswich/Rosewood line due to EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS .Delays of up to 30 minutes can be experienced. Passengers will be conveyed by bus Rosewood to Dinmore. Services are expected to return to normal by 11.00pm.

"
&quot;With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.<br />The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.&quot;<br /><br /><br />http://au.youtube.com/user/spacemarine88
News.com.au has some photos:

Swanbank line, between Bundamba and Bundamba Racecourse:
[Image: 0,,6358999,00.jpg]

Ferny Grove line, near Samford Rd rail crossing:
[Image: 0,,6358848,00.jpg]

Dale
Good thing you QPSR guys dont run into the station ....
(20-Nov-2008, 01:12 PM)super_man link Wrote:Good thing you QPSR guys dont run into the station ....

We don't have any running days scheduled until December, anyhow.  I understand that Rosewood took a major pounding last night, hopefully their facilities and track are all in one piece.
(20-Nov-2008, 01:56 PM)Dale link Wrote:[quote author=super_man link=topic=3626.msg60675#msg60675 date=1227150763]
Good thing you QPSR guys dont run into the station ....

We don't have any running days scheduled until December, anyhow.  I understand that Rosewood took a major pounding last night, hopefully their facilities and track are all in one piece.
[/quote]

There are a few issues unfortunately Sad, looks like we wont be running for a while either ...
Some more photos, this one of a land-slip at Booval station:

[Image: 0,,6359454,00.jpg]

This one of the Ferny Grove line near Samford Rd:

[Image: 0,,6359343,00.jpg]
Ouch, the Swanbank Line doesn't look too good! Neither does that bit of the Ferny Grove Line, but that's fixed now. I like the last section beyond Keperra which feels like a little branch line, have riden on it once.

Any idea as to how long it will take to repair the line west of Ipswich to Rosewood/Gatton and get the trains running again? I wonder if it damaged the OHW.

My daughter said she saw two passenger trains stowed in Dalby yard today. Her description went something like: "Silver carriages with windows and old locos". Now as the only regular passenger service here is the Westlander, I could understand if possibly the down Westlander was held here this morning due to the devastation further east, (I believe the Warrego Hwy was cut between Jondaryan & Dalby during the night) but two passenger trains? Anyone have any information?
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld

(20-Nov-2008, 01:12 PM)super_man link Wrote:There are a few issues unfortunately Sad, looks like we wont be running for a while either ...

So your issues are....? Washouts? Flood damage to rollingstock? flooded perway?
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]