Graceville Station
(25-Nov-2008, 02:33 AM)Rolls Royce link Wrote:it needs to also detail \"plan\" and \"lot number\" and \"street number\".

Since when does a station have a bloody street number??!!! :mad
I assume the building is on the Rail Corridor? Lot & Plan number will be that of the Rail Corridor. NRW should be able to help there. Bell station building displays a street number!
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
The councils have maps of all the streets. Between those streets, all sections of land have to have a name, usually it is just, say, 69 Smith Street, but you can name your place anything you like, as long as it conforms to the council rules. You could say name your house Beertopia on Smith Street, and it is an address.

So the station I am guessing will be known as Graceville Station, Smith Street, Graceville. Or something like that.
"How long will the next train be? Six cars would be my guess."
Thanks for your assistance peoples!! Smile

Update: Have contacted BCC and established all the other bollocks, and resubmitted the forms. Surprise surprise, the bland rubber-stamper who so blandly responded back to me initially is "unavailable" today, due to "training". I hope said training included putting some "please" "thankyou" and "Hello" into written correspondence! :evil

Will keep you updated as we go....
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
Ok folks, I have an update Smile

Today in the post I received a letter (scanned & attached) advising that this has moved to the next level.

If any of you do support the application, and would like to assist, perhaps you could email your support to heritage.registrar@epa.qld.gov.au  by close of business on 20/01/2009.

Any emails or supporting things would no doubt help this cause. I am not sure what (if any) media attention may or may not com out of this - hopefully none, but as I understand it, they have to publish the application in the paper and allow for comment on it.

So, there it is Smile

"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
Good onya Rollsy!! Hopefully stop another terrible repeat of Indooroopilly
Confusedmiley
Take your photos today as tommorrow may be too late - whatever it may be
(31-Dec-2008, 02:30 PM)Danielle link Wrote:Confusedmiley

Woo Hoo!! Smile Big Grin

Thankyou for posting this, and thankyou for being observant enough to see it! Smile
Just a quick update - although I may not be a resident of the area anymore, I received a letter recently (through re-directed mail), the department (EPA) has extended the application period, to enable it to be given proper due consideration.

One could make assumptions here, but all would possibly lead to incorrect conclusions. On a good note, that means it's still in the running.

Will keep you posted Smile
Doesn't sound promising to me!
It takes many nails to build a crib, but one screw to fill it.
Great thread, and a great idea to preserve Graceville.

I used to live in Sherwood, and sometimes when I used those stations I used to indulge in a little fantasy where I wondered what it would have been like to ride an electric SX set, pantograph arcing under the 1500V DC wires, through them.

I like how our system turned out with the 25KV AC, but stop and imagine what nearly was ...

cheers,
Colin
Rail should be the backbone of our transport system. That fact that it is not is an indictment of the systematic failure of transport planning and policy in this country.