The (southern) invasion is beginning
[Image: 3633311083_38e32058cb_b.jpg]

XR559 at Cootamundra over June Long Weekend. A shame she wasn't going anywhere, would have made a nice distraction from all the nothing we saw on the main south that day.
Where's the big honking 5 chimer gone from the nose?  From a  :dfc point of view, it looks bare without it.
Loco is looking rather faded and sorry for itself.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.
XR555 arrived in Werris Creek this morning on train 1535 for crew training. Will be interesting to see how she goes.   
From what I have heard, the Victorian crews don't like the XR's, but having a look through one, I have to say it seems like a good set up in the cab.

As for early series X's at Northern Coal, as Trolley said, the brake stand isn't suitable for short end leading. The union would likely ban them as lead units.
XR555 is at EDI Morandoo as we speak. Or type. However you want to interpret it.
"I'm a great admirer of the racehorse. And I thought if you could put 2000 racehorses together, it'd make a very good locomotive! And it did." - Harold Young, on 3801, August 1970.
It was in EDI at the Creek yesterday, then went south dead attached last night. Don't know what's wrong with it.
(13-Jul-2009, 11:32 AM)flying_donkey link Wrote:It was in EDI at the Creek yesterday, then went south dead attached last night. Don't know what's wrong with it.

It's been photographed working fine in the south/west, goes up that way for one night and gets sent back in disgrace? Perhaps the big engines intimidated it.
Maybe the "big" engines had there evil way with her, you know how it is out bush sometimes....
"If you cant get what you want, take what you can get"....the dog said as it made a shag with a cat.
Amid all the crap, it is a welcome pustule of truth bursting forth.<br /><br />Well, as they say, &quot;normal&quot; is just a setting on a dryer. So if you stick enough people in a laundry room, someone is bound to want to violate that dryer.
(13-Jul-2009, 08:10 PM)trainsextreme link Wrote:Maybe the \"big\" engines had there evil way with her, you know how it is out bush sometimes....
\"If you cant get what you want, take what you can get\"....the dog said as it made a shag with a cat.

Perhaps the big engines went somewhere with the XR, and went "out of gauge".

Oh yes.