The (southern) invasion is beginning
Oh my!
Now this really has become a case of the little engine that "could"...!
Amid all the crap, it is a welcome pustule of truth bursting forth.<br /><br />Well, as they say, &quot;normal&quot; is just a setting on a dryer. So if you stick enough people in a laundry room, someone is bound to want to violate that dryer.
XR559 is on a wheat train off the Narromine - Parkes line tonight.
(13-Jul-2009, 08:17 PM)Raichase link Wrote:[quote author=trainsextreme link=topic=4284.msg72965#msg72965 date=1247479837]
Maybe the \"big\" engines had there evil way with her, you know how it is out bush sometimes....
\"If you cant get what you want, take what you can get\"....the dog said as it made a shag with a cat.

Perhaps the big engines went somewhere with the XR, and went "out of gauge".

Oh yes.
[/quote]

Or like that horrible natural phenomenon that occurs at Neath Beach...the horrendous yet weirdly fascinating mating of the Kearsley Moose and the Burwood Bullfrog...
&quot;I'm a great admirer of the racehorse. And I thought if you could put 2000 racehorses together, it'd make a very good locomotive! And it did.&quot; - Harold Young, on 3801, August 1970.
Have been told that the two XR Class returned back to Victoria, taking with them a rake of VHGF (?) wagons (the green, ex FA wagons).
Both XR's 555 & 559 left the Creek with 40 NGKF's & PF's to Parkes about 3-4 weeks ago. From there I don't know where they went.
They went back to Victoria from there with a rake of VHGF's that were used for working shuttles out of Parkes. The two XR's and that rake are now the Vic SG export rake.
Regards,<br />Scott<br /><br />http://www.flickr.com/photos/theshoppingtrolley/
(10-Nov-2009, 05:37 PM)The_shopping_trolley link Wrote:They went back to Victoria from there with a rake of VHGF's that were used for working shuttles out of Parkes. The two XR's and that rake are now the Vic SG export rake.

Interesting - at least I got the wagon code right. Can you confirm if it was a full rake of 40, or just 20 that went back? I know the Westons rake was originally VHGF hoppers, but the rake was split, and I think a rake of 20 is still doing feeder services (got it going west over the mountains on Sunday behind 81/48/48/48). Or were there perhaps two rakes in NSW, and one has gone home and one got split?
Raichase,

It was the full rake of forty VHGF's at Parkes that went back to Victoria, the wagons used on the Westons jobs are VHAF's. As far as I know there are two rakes of 20 VHAF's still used on the Westerns jobs with a rake or two of NGDX hoppers covering the excess.
Regards,<br />Scott<br /><br />http://www.flickr.com/photos/theshoppingtrolley/