first drive
(13-May-2010, 06:29 PM)standard_gauge link Wrote:Not just road knowledge, you need to have some basic mechanical and eletrical skill too, ....(follow by other stuff such as \"SMS-OHS\" , ethical code of conduct etc...)

already done air systems, electrical systems is in late june, safe working 2,3,& 4 in july, did code of conduct earlier on. Faults and failures later in the year, although the way time is passing, it will be here soon Confusedmiley
Best of luck, sounds like there is a lot involved including fault finding, brakes, drivers diagrams, grades and speeds.
What does your brake pipe charge up to over there? I have a mate who drives for CityRail, and I seem to recall him saying 250kPa, which would explain it being easier to run out of air.

Down here our BPs (on the sparks that have a brake pipe!) charge to 550kPa.
(13-May-2010, 08:31 AM)dodgyvalve link Wrote:Did you get issued a huge massive folder with the maps in it? These will be your best tool in road knowledge, I was fortunate enough to stumble across them many years ago and still use them, but am now looking for the one's upto Newcastle and other intercity area's.
If you're still after the Newcastle ones, I've got a copy of the revised maps from Gosford-Newacastle with the new speedboards if you need it.
Comments made are strictly the opinion of the author and do not reflect the opinions of the ADF, Pacific National, Freight Australia or the Boy Scouts of Antartica.

My fotopic gallery: http://KRviator.fotopic.net
(23-May-2010, 02:47 AM)Bravus link Wrote:What does your brake pipe charge up to over there? I have a mate who drives for CityRail, and I seem to recall him saying 250kPa, which would explain it being easier to run out of air.

Down here our BPs (on the sparks that have a brake pipe!) charge to 550kPa.

on the older trains, like the S sets and T sets its 425kpa and on the Milleniums its 550kpa (i believe, not done the mill training yet)
(23-May-2010, 04:38 AM)KRviator link Wrote:[quote author=dodgyvalve link=topic=4958.msg81717#msg81717 date=1273703513]Did you get issued a huge massive folder with the maps in it? These will be your best tool in road knowledge, I was fortunate enough to stumble across them many years ago and still use them, but am now looking for the one's upto Newcastle and other intercity area's.
If you're still after the Newcastle ones, I've got a copy of the revised maps from Gosford-Newacastle with the new speedboards if you need it.
[/quote]

thanks for the offer, but I'll not be venturing that far north, Bewrowra will be as far as I go.