Zig Zag Railway General Manager
From web site
http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/index...d=17201011
GENERAL MANAGER, ZIG ZAG RAILWAY
The Zig Zag Railway Co-op Limited is a tourist railway located at Clarence, ten kilometres east of Lithgow in the Blue Mountains of New South Wales, Australia. Built in the 1860s, the line was constructed to transport people and produce from the Western Plains of NSW to Sydney. It was replaced in 1910 by a 10 tunnel deviation. The locomotives, track and rolling stock are maintained and operated by the ZZR, a not-for-profit co-operative.

Reporting to the Chairman of the Board, the primary purpose of this position is to implement the Zig Zag Railway’s organisational strategy.  This includes the development and implementation of sound policy, the recruitment and selection of employees, the development of effective business structure and day to day operations through the effective management of financial budgets, accounting systems and marketing strategies.

In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to lead and supervise a management team whilst embedding organisational values, be an effective communicator with all paid and volunteer staff whilst raising the standards of operations, be able to adapt and respond positively to change and cope with pressures and setbacks in a challenging environment.

Essential Qualifications and Experience:

Relevant qualifications in Tourism, Rail and especially Management;
Operations and/or Railway Maintenance experience or similar Transportation Industry; and
Knowledge of the Rail Safety Act and Regulations or the ability to quickly gain an understanding therein.

Please email applications to
Hendy HR Consulting Pty Ltd
ahendy@hendyhr.com.au
Terry Boardman
:confused
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
(22-May-2010, 09:54 AM)Rolls Royce link Wrote::confused

Is this the same position they advertised for last year????
So has Michael Forbes left ZZR altogether?
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]

No, but he wants to retire!

M
Save oil, bring back steam!
Ah I see. Didn't think  he was old enough for that...

(22-May-2010, 11:32 AM)Mick_L link Wrote:Ah I see. Didn't think  he was old enough for that...

How old do you think he is?

Save oil, bring back steam!
(22-May-2010, 07:44 PM)Grantham link Wrote:[quote author=Mick_L link=topic=5036.msg82087#msg82087 date=1274491966]
Ah I see. Didn't think  he was old enough for that...

How old do you think he is?

M  
[/quote]

Now you got me there. When I met him, and while hairy and tending grey, I didn't really think retiring age. Lets chalk this up as 'ageless' in case this comment gets back to him Wink

Will he still volunteer?
It takes many nails to build a crib, but one screw to fill it.
(25-May-2010, 01:08 PM)LadyGuard link Wrote:Will he still volunteer?
That could be it as well; maybe he just wants to be a volunteer helping the train running without having to worry about administration? After all, he has certainly done his share of the administration work!
Obsolete Australian railway historical downloadable document list