Moss Vale box
Here are a few interior pictures of the Signalbox at Moss Vale.I hope the ARTC Vandals preserve the signalbox.

Cheers

Nate

[old attachment automagically deleted]
WOW, its great that some of these old boxes are still in operation.

I think the only one in QLD is the one at Kuranda, would i be correct?
&quot;With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.<br />The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.&quot;<br /><br /><br />http://au.youtube.com/user/spacemarine88
Not for much longer!!
The Kuranda one's only got about 37 levers, but no mimic panels like these ones.
You might be able to convince Matt or Rob to get a piccy of the whistle codes in the old staff box, if you pay ask nicely.
Also, still have all semaphore signal lights powered by Kero, due to Heritage listing!!!:an_afro:
Did I hear someone say Kuranda cabin? I.E. - the LAST remaining working QLD manual interlocked box?

"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
dateline= Wrote:Also, still have all semaphore signal lights powered by Kero, due to Heritage listing!!!:an_afro:

which are being converted, to heritage electricity as we speak.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]

dateline= Wrote:[cite] Rolls Royce:[/cite]Did I hear someone say Kuranda cabin? I.E. - the LAST remaining working QLD manual interlocked box?

I do believe ascot is still there as well.
Mick
dateline= Wrote:[cite] thornesyau:[/cite]
Quote:[cite] Rolls Royce:[/cite]Did I hear someone say Kuranda cabin? I.E. - the LAST remaining working QLD manual interlocked box?

I do believe ascot is still there as well.
Mick

Yeah - forgot about that one. I had heard recently that they cut it in again for maintenance purposes, but had all sorts of merry hell in giving the release back to Mayne! I doubt it will get cut in again?

Kuranda was great to see, because it actually gets used regularly... bugger about the heritage electric lanterns,. Soon we'll have heritage RCS....:an_uglystupid2:
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
dateline= Wrote:[cite] fifi:[/cite]You might be able to convince Matt or Rob to get a piccy of the whistle codes in the old staff box, if you pay ask nicely.

Here yah go!:an_smiley:

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68009]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68007]
Knew we could count on you, Rob.:an_afro: