The end of the Sunlander
(02-Nov-2010, 10:00 PM)thornesyau Wrote: There are times when the Mail west has had L class coaches on and restrions are basically in the same place as for container trains as well as certain loops thru some of the crossing staions/loops
I'm impressed that the train crew actually saw the notice with the restrictions listed.

(02-Nov-2010, 10:03 AM)Graham4405 Wrote: By 'restricted' I assume 'speed restricted'? I just thought it was less likely for a complete train made up of L series cars to run than a train with mostly M series cars with the odd L.

You are correct about the speed restrictions. Don't see any reason why a whole train of them couldn't run - just that the restricted speed would last longer and the travel train may be longer.
The whole SW system would be so much better off if some one would just blow the @#$ tunnels up!

Regards
Shane
(01-Nov-2010, 01:10 PM)Coyote Wrote:
(31-Oct-2010, 10:20 PM)A10 Wrote: The photo wouldn't have been at Charleville. These wagons wouldn't get through the tunnels on the range.
Well, I reckon it was. :confused

Coyote,

As you seemed convinced the photo was taken at Charleville, I thought I had better do some checking rather than rely on my failing memory. :confused

I thought the car wagons were built on the same frame as the baggage/power cars which are much longer than the L series cars. However, it seems they are only about half a metre longer and so can just fit through the tunnels unlike the baggage/power cars.

I also found a train notice from a few years ago for a trial on the Westlander. So it seems the photo was likely taken at Charleville. In my defence, the trial occurred while I was on another project and so wasn't aware of it. :redface

(07-Nov-2010, 10:48 PM)A10 Wrote:
(01-Nov-2010, 01:10 PM)Coyote Wrote:
(31-Oct-2010, 10:20 PM)A10 Wrote: The photo wouldn't have been at Charleville. These wagons wouldn't get through the tunnels on the range.
Well, I reckon it was. :confused

Coyote,

As you seemed convinced the photo was taken at Charleville, I thought I had better do some checking rather than rely on my failing memory. :confused

I thought the car wagons were built on the same frame as the baggage/power cars which are much longer than the L series cars. However, it seems they are only about half a metre longer and so can just fit through the tunnels unlike the baggage/power cars.

I also found a train notice from a few years ago for a trial on the Westlander. So it seems the photo was likely taken at Charleville. In my defence, the trial occurred while I was on another project and so wasn't aware of it. :redface
Would you be able to post the date of train notice for the trail?Confusedmiley

[Image: bike-1.gif]
The DSOP should have been in Charleville on 1 November 2006, out on 3S86 and back on 3907. The two DSOPs were built in the workshops in Townsville's South Yard on BAUY frames.
TN06 11311 issued 31 October 2006.

Valid for Westlander 30 October to 2 November.