Men with millions in suitcases stopped at Central station
Men with millions in suitcases stopped at Central station drew attention of rail staff and passenger

15 Mar 11

Rail staff aboard the Indian Pacific train from Perth first noticed two men acting suspiciously, who were later found to have millions in cash in their suitcases.
The men were stopped and searched by Sydney police when the train terminated at Central Station on Saturday morning.
A fellow passenger on the train also alerted authorities about their behaviour.
Police allegedly found $2.5 million in cash in their two suitcases mostly in $50 notes.
A 25-year-old man from Auburn and a 26-year-old from Sydney, were charged with recklessly dealing in the proceeds of crime. They were released on bail and will appear in Downing Centre Local Court on April 19.
Acting Inspector Alex Liouthakis said police did not know where the money came from.
"The police case will hinge on the unexplainability of why somebody would have that enormous amount of money, yet not have a reasonable explanation as to where it came from," he said.
Police are appealing to members of the public for information.
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
Yeah, saw that going down when i got off the IP on Saturday, saw the police had one in hand cuffs and sitting with his back against the carraige for YHA backpackers and the cash sitting on top of a back pack on the platform. My first though was that it involed drugs or drug money, I think they were travelling in the Red service as the Red carraiges were behind the loco and in that section of the platform, I did not see them in the Gold section of the train. Oh well I have a little idea of what was going on now. :confused
[Image: bike-1.gif]
I was a good thing you kept well clear of that shit going down. Any half competent copper would arrest you on sight for mere criminal suspicion.

:evil
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]

(16-Mar-2011, 06:14 AM)Mick Wrote: I was a good thing you kept well clear of that shit going down. Any half competent copper would arrest you on sight for mere criminal suspicion.

Yeah,he does look a bit of a shady character,doesn't he? ;D
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=67417]
(16-Mar-2011, 10:32 AM)Maxn99 Wrote:
(16-Mar-2011, 06:14 AM)Mick Wrote: I was a good thing you kept well clear of that shit going down. Any half competent copper would arrest you on sight for mere criminal suspicion.

Yeah,he does look a bit of a shady character,doesn't he? ;D
:lol Yeah, what I say, may be better to say nothing. Wink :evil

(15-Mar-2011, 07:29 PM)Graham4405 Wrote: "The police case will hinge on the unexplainability of why somebody would have that enormous amount of money, yet not have a reasonable explanation as to where it came from," he said.
Police are appealing to members of the public for information.

Heading to the ARHS bookshop?
&quot;I think people should be free to engage in any sexual practices they choose; they should draw the line at goats though.&quot; <br />Elton John
All the filthy Aussie Rail info at http://locoshed.blogspot.com
Check out the Philippine Railway Historical Society. http://philippine-railways.blogspot.com
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]