New 3200 Class
I see on Facebook that 2815 has emerged from UGL Broadmeadow following upgrades (not sure what upgrades), and renumbered as 3215.

There is a comment on there that if the upgrades are successful, more 2800s will follow from narrow gauge.

Can Aurizon spare more 2800s going to standard gauge, and if now, what will replace them?
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.
More 4100s I'd guess, or maybe 4000s replaced by 4100s and moved to the GNR and NCL. Not a lot of alternatives. But then again...what are all those standard gauge 2800/3200s going to do?
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
Don't know. Those last 3 were supposed to be for the domestic coal haul in NSW.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.
Interesting times ahead. Beyond those coal shuttles I'm guessing grain is the only other option for 3000hp locos on standard gauge these days...which would be a little ironic considering the state of grain haulage in Queensland. Another watch this space.
Heard on the grapevine that all the 4100's are to be fitted with ATP2. This indicates that they'll see use on other traffic besides coal.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68009]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68007]
I'd suffer ATP being in control of the train if they somehow figured out how to get them up the range......

Come here you sweetly out fitted with electric jug and oven, low cab noise, low speed controllers that work, steady footed loco of choice.....ohhhhhhh
http://www.eliminatethetunnelsonthemainrange.org

(13-Jul-2013, 04:40 PM)geinthend Wrote: Heard on the grapevine that all the 4100's are to be fitted with ATP2. This indicates that they'll see use on other traffic besides coal.
Home on the range.....
I'm hearing you. They'd revolutionise range workings if they could squeeze through the tunnels and make it over the Bremer River...sigh.