Forbes - Truck wrecks wheatie
dateline= Wrote:A TRUCK driver has been killed in a fiery collision with a freight train at a level crossing in central western NSW.

Police said the truck carrying hay and an unladen goods train collided at about 6.40 pm (AEDT) last night at Back Creek south of Forbes.

The truck driver, believed to be a 33-year-old Forbes man, was thrown from his cabin and died at the scene.

The freight train carried what was left of the truck about 100 metres down the track before the wreckage caught fire.

The two train drivers escaped unhurt but were taken to Forbes Hospital as a precaution.

Photo's on Sunrise News this morning showed pics of burned out loco's. This train was triple headed and looked to be either 80 or 81 class. The news story implied that all three loco's and the truck were burned out. Steamy Paul, you work these trains don't you?
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=61026]

A mate just sent me some photos of the engines. 8147 was leading with 48155 trailing. Unable to identify second loco.
The leading engine is badly burnt with its nose in the dirt at about right angles to the line. The second one is partially burnt, derailed but still upright.
Thankfully the crew escaped but considering the damage it was a miracle
Cheers
Mike
Yep - got em here. I will upload a selection to my Gallery and post a note here when its done.

Here they are:
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=8261]

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=8264]

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=8267]

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=8270]

8147, 48108, 48155 & 20 NGPF/KF's
This train was one of my Weston Contract trains which returned to Westons at Enfield on thursday 15th and I tipped on 16th before taking to Enfield for further repairs. Some bogies had already been replaced and another was still cracked but ok to return to Enfield for replacement. So far the locos are to be written, confirmation still waiting.