MBS-C 1473 at Cecil Plains!
I was startled to see MBS-C 1473 on the track adjacent to the station building at Cecil Plains this afternoon!

I assume there are plans to restore it as an exhibit of some kind. Does anyone know more?

Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
That must have recently come out of service, I swear I saw this on a Westlander set sometime last year........
Member DownsSteam Toowoomba

I support the move to put Freight on Rail. Whats the point of having infrastructure if it is not being utilised.
(02-Apr-2014, 11:41 AM)Yesman Wrote: That must have recently come out of service, I swear I saw this on a Westlander set sometime last year........

Is there any more info on who, how, when, where, why this came to be at CP?
(04-Jun-2014, 07:23 PM)CNsylvester Wrote: Is there any more info on who, how, when, where, why this came to be at CP?

Do you have any contacts at TRC that might know? Confusedmiley
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
(04-Jun-2014, 11:10 PM)Graham4405 Wrote:
(04-Jun-2014, 07:23 PM)CNsylvester Wrote: Is there any more info on who, how, when, where, why this came to be at CP?

Do you have any contacts at TRC that might know? Confusedmiley

Toowoomba Regional Council?
(05-Jun-2014, 10:58 PM)CNsylvester Wrote: Toowoomba Regional Council?

Yep...
Graham R - Dalby Qld
(06-Jun-2014, 12:39 PM)Graham4405 Wrote:
(05-Jun-2014, 10:58 PM)CNsylvester Wrote: Toowoomba Regional Council?

Yep...

I have zero contacts at TRC, have a contact at Dalby Shire Council thou......
(06-Jun-2014, 04:40 PM)CNsylvester Wrote: I have zero contacts at TRC, have a contact at Dalby Shire Council thou......

Umm, there is not and never has been a Dalby Shire Council (to my knowledge)! :evil

Cecil Plains is part of the Toowoomba Regional Council area, thus I thought someone there may know about it. A colleague's wife works for TRC, in the IT department. She likely knows nothing of it! Smile
Graham R - Dalby Qld
(06-Jun-2014, 11:55 PM)Graham4405 Wrote:
(06-Jun-2014, 04:40 PM)CNsylvester Wrote: I have zero contacts at TRC, have a contact at Dalby Shire Council thou......
Umm, there is not and never has been a Dalby Shire Council (to my knowledge)! :evil

Sorry to be a nit picker but Dalby was a council in at least the 1860s as the mayor is in our family tree. Source Pughs Almanic 1865

Attached Files
.pdf   Dalby Mayor Healy.pdf (Size: 56.35 KB / Downloads: 3)
Obsolete Australian railway historical downloadable document list
(07-Jun-2014, 09:29 PM)Petan Wrote:
(06-Jun-2014, 11:55 PM)Graham4405 Wrote:

Sorry to be a nit picker but Dalby was a council in at least the 1860s as the mayor is in our family tree. Source Pughs Almanic 1865

So Peter, you are nit-picking my nit-picking, so I will come back with yet another nit-pick of your nit-pick... :lol

The heading of the item you posted is "Municipal Councils", thus the Dalby mentioned was likely the Dalby Municipal Council, which existed in 1872.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/75527334

More recently, until amalgamations in 2008, there was the Dalby Town Council, which at that time became part of the Dalby Regional Council (along with the former Wambo, Tara, Chinchilla and Murilla Shire Councils and part of the former Taroom Shire Council). The name was later changed to Western Downs Regional Council which is still in place today.

CNsylvester claims to have a contact in Dalby Shire Council. To my knowledge there has never been such a Council in existence, thus he is clearly mistaken. :evil
Graham R - Dalby Qld