The Last Cross....
THE LAST EVER CROSS BETWEEN TWO SUNLANDERS....

Well here it is folks; PC37 and P984 had their final cross ever at Woombye this morning at 11:10. Unfortunately it happened at one of the worst spots for photography (southern end of the loop); but in this case I think the historical importance of this event far outweighs the composition of the image!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this will be the last regular cross between two 'revenue' Diesel- Hauled Passenger Trains on the North Coast Line (excluding specials/ tour trains and delayed trains etc); and quite possibly one of the last on the network...

A sad day indeed...

PS. Apologies to those who have already seen this post on the various Facebook groups etc...

[Image: 15507300811_026415c382_b.jpg]

[Image: 15323718400_1bf0523583_b.jpg]
So they bought those big Clydes for nothing then 😛
Home on the range.....
I'd expect to see these Clydes working infrastructure trains around the QR network before too much longer.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68009]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=68007]
(12-Oct-2014, 04:03 PM)No Name Recorded Wrote: So they bought those big Clydes for nothing then ?

I heard they were going to have a go at getting the coal contracts on the downs off of the other blokes and that is why they want the locos. Wink :evil
[Image: bike-1.gif]
(12-Oct-2014, 07:50 PM)Coyote Wrote:
(12-Oct-2014, 04:03 PM)No Name Recorded Wrote: So they bought those big Clydes for nothing then ?

I heard they were going to have a go at getting the coal contracts on the downs off of the other blokes and that is why they want the locos. Wink :evil

Fine by me...I will hoare my services out to those that need me...

And being QR they are sure to have daylight only operations 🌚
Home on the range.....
(12-Oct-2014, 09:29 PM)No Name Recorded Wrote:
(12-Oct-2014, 07:50 PM)Coyote Wrote:

Fine by me...I will hoare my services out to those that need me...

And being QR they are sure to have daylight only operations ?

... QR own a rail network? QR may need to maintain that network? QR may need to operate its own ballast trains, rail trains, spoil trains? For Qr to start hauling coal, it will need to gain certain accreditations and establish appropriate above rail regualtory and environmental requirements for one corridor? For a corridor that has a percieved coal dust issue in a captial city? http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Rail-sa...sting.aspx Wake me up when it starts.....
Well the contract for the stockies expires on the 31st of December 2015. So QR will most likely use the Clydes on them. Also I presume the other contracts for the other country services expire on the same date. I wouldn't be surprised if QR end up taking all the grain, sugar, molasses and other services back. We all know Aurizon's priorities are with coal and the other services are seen as a public service. Private companies aren't interested in being known as a public service as they are there to make a profit. So I reckon it will be a case of what Aurizon don't want QR will come in and mop up under political pressure.
Volunteer at The Valley Rattler, Southern Downs Steam Railway and Queensland Rail Heritage
The non-cattle contracts expire in June 2015...just when the sugar season should be starting.
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
So interesting times ahead
Volunteer at The Valley Rattler, Southern Downs Steam Railway and Queensland Rail Heritage
What's the likelihood that anyone will continue hauling sugar-related freight on rail after that contract expires?