SDSR News
(19-Sep-2014, 05:59 PM)johnmc Wrote:
(18-Sep-2014, 10:44 PM)Graham4405 Wrote: Great to see and some interesting developments on the horizon.

Who or what is "Queensland Rail Heritage Vision"? I Googled it with no useful results.

I'm reckoning on a misquote of "Queensland Rail Heritage".

Is there a CL565? It springs to mind as a possibility.

CL 565 is a regular on STS and ARHS excursions. Ex Sydney Mail car. This one I am pretty sure is a Davidson Car.
Volunteer at The Valley Rattler, Southern Downs Steam Railway and Queensland Rail Heritage
I have today received the SDSR Newsletter - Spring 2014. Two especially noteworthy items:
  • A new arrival - carriage No 774 - a 1st/2nd class wooden carriage. This must be the carriage mentioned above.
  • SDSR have finalised arrangements to lease DE Locomotive No 1651 from QR Heritage and it will arrive in Warwick by the end of the year. It is NOT operational, but in good condition and restorable.
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
According the Gympie Times, DH45 is heading to SDSR for a while, at least. What a fantastic idea and outcome.

http://www.gympietimes.com.au/news/how-a...t/2403095/

Edit: wrong link.
"You have enemies? Good! That means that you have stood up for something you believe in, at some time in your life....."
(07-Oct-2014, 08:04 PM)Rolls Royce Wrote: According the Gympie Times, DH45 is heading to SDSR for a while, at least. What a fantastic idea and outcome.

The fact that (as quoted in the article) Adrian Hurley owns DH45 explains a lot. Adrian drives for SDSR at times. I know his brother David quite well, he's a gunzel too... Smile
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
(07-Oct-2014, 11:34 PM)Graham4405 Wrote:
(07-Oct-2014, 08:04 PM)Rolls Royce Wrote: According the Gympie Times, DH45 is heading to SDSR for a while, at least. What a fantastic idea and outcome.

The fact that (as quoted in the article) Adrian Hurley owns DH45 explains a lot. Adrian drives for SDSR at times. I know his brother David quite well, he's a gunzel too... Smile
So its official.......you are a gunzelConfusedmiley
(08-Oct-2014, 07:34 PM)jf934 Wrote: So its official.......you are a gunzelConfusedmiley

Possibly. I was actually referring to Adrian... Wink
Graham R - Dalby Qld
This is looking like a good trip:

150 years of Rail in Queensland - Toowoomba to Wallangarra and return - 21-22 March 2015

As part of the 150 years of Queensland Rail celebrations, join us as we travel the line from Toowoomba to Wallangarra, retracing the path of the Sydney Mail, stepping back into a bygone era.

Read more...
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Does anyone have the date and times for the train between Toowoomba and Roma Street?

I'm guessing its going straight from Ipswich though
Master in the making :cop
(22-Jan-2015, 04:47 PM)littlebondi Wrote: Does anyone have the date and times for the train between Toowoomba and Roma Street?

I'm guessing its going straight from Ipswich though

Which train is that? SDSR won't be running between Toowoomba and Roma Street...
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Ah for the QR Steamer. I presume SDSR will run between Toowoomba and Warwick?
Master in the making :cop