SDSR News
I received my October 2016 newsletter today, some interesting developments:

"The train consist now has Davidson car No BL574, so this gives us four carriages with end verandas meaning a full walk-through train. First and second class carriage CL774 restoration is progressing well."

"DH45 is back up and running again."

"
New steam loco restoration project for SDSR
After trying for a few years with no results, we have finally found a second C17 locomotive to act as a backup to our operations at SDSR Warwick. I received information from an SDSR member asking me to ring a guy in Brisbane. After speaking to him; three of us went down to inspect the loco.

Our boiler inspector looked at the boiler and regarded it as being in reasonable order. So after coming to a working arrangement with the owner, the loco has been re-located to our base in Warwick.

The C17 loco No 812 was built in the UK back in the 1920s. There will be a few years of work ahead before she hits the rails, with the first major job being the lifting of the boiler for a complete inspection. There is a tender for 812, which will be arriving with a lot of other parts in the near future.

The loco's owner will be funding the restoration of his loco and SDSR will provide the manpower and expertise in return for a long term lease arrangement."

Note: I have edited the above quotes to remove all names.
Graham R - Dalby Qld
Any opinions expressed here are my own and not those of any group or organisation I am associated with.
Member Southern Downs Steam Railway | ARHS Qld
(05-Oct-2016, 04:39 PM)Graham4405 Wrote: I received my October 2016 newsletter today, some interesting developments: "The train consist now has Davidson car No BL574, so this gives us four carriages with end verandas meaning a full walk-through train. First and second class carriage CL774 restoration is progressing well.""DH45 is back up and running again.""
New steam loco restoration project for SDSR
The  C17  loco  No  812  etc etc

Thanks Graham!! So that explains what I read here http://www.australiansteam.com/C17%20812.htm and what I saw on a couple of Facebook sites about a loco in amongst stored houses near Pinkenba.  
Obsolete Australian railway historical downloadable document list
The things you see in storage:

https://qrheritage.tumblr.com/search/c17812

Good news about the resto.